You can type here any text you want

Oil analysis places

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo6Smackdown

How many of you utilize those places that analyze your oil?
Does anyone here have a preference? Are there any places to steer clear from?
Any one single leader in the industry?

You might want to contact Richard Clark. I think he has a place he prefers.

How many of you utilize those places that analyze your oil?
Does anyone here have a preference? Are there any places to steer clear from?
Any one single leader in the industry?

from a consumer standpoint blackstone is adequate-----they do a rather simple analysis that shows most of the important things you want to know along with a explanation of the most important elements-------its really cheap by most standards------somewhere in the $30 dollar range------i have found them to be adequately accurate for "used oil analysis"-----for a step up you could consider SRI (southwest research institute) they are the world leader and are used by all the major oil companies and they also do a majority of the API oil certifications------i use them for most of my ASTM standardized tests in formulation and quality control for ZPlus-------ASTM tests can cost hundreds of dollars for a single element ( ie copper, zinc, iron, etc) so a complete test can run into thousands of dollars but thats just not necessary to see if your oil needs to be changed or if its doing its job properly in your engine-------industry standard quality tests are rather expensive and i have spent a ton of money on them so take my word for it its not necessary for what you need------i think SRI also does simplified "used oil analysis" at a lower price but i am not sure--------if you want to read a good oil testing primer go to ZddPlus.com and read tech brief #4 titled "Oil and additive testing"-------it will put you light years ahead of all your car buddies with a 15 minute read..............RC

+1 on the previous post. For most consumer needs, blackstone will suffice.

Roger that. Will read that article.

I was kinda figuring that... Blackstone is pretty popular.
Though, I don't really care about how much my oil is working. I wanna know how much bearing content is in my oil, to gauge what condition my engine's in. Does Blackstone tell you that?

Used Blackstone Labs in the past with no problems. They keep a log of your past samples and compare them to your current sample.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Any other updates, information, comments or suggestions? Was interested in the same thing...

We do R&D testing on diesel engines. We've used Blackstone labs for years. I'd say they're a safe bet.

Neal

Blackstone is great

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Since my last posting here, I have stopped using Blackstone Laboratories. Blackstone's fuel dilution readings are off.

I started using Lubrication Engineers/Xamine Labratories, way better than Blackstone. My point of contact James Kukulski of Elite Lubrication calls me to go over the sample results.

I sent in a few samples from my 7.3 using Rotella and Delo. You'll be surprised in the results.

I also sent in a sample from the race car (Brad Penn and Q16) and the results were very interesting. The oil analysis picked up the lead in the fuel and few other metals making me send in a base sample of Brad Penn for reference.....phew, relief

Neal, I highly recommend them. If you want his contact if, let me know.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Back