Oil and Temperature gauges

polin2424

Im trying to install the oil and temperature gauges for my buick grand national but can not locate the correct connection points can anyone lead me to the right spot.? :)

for my mechanical gauges, I screwed in the temp sensor to the outlet in the lower intake just behind the turbo, and for the oil I unplugged the dummy light and used that outlet down where the turbo's line plugs into the block. Sorry I don't know all the technical names for these places.

temperature and oil;

ok thnaks i thought that the temperature gauges had to go in the block.

There should be a plug on the driver side of the block around the dip stick tube that can be used for water temp also.

If you want to keep the idiot light get a brass block & some fittings. I have a few extra blocks (they are not just normal blocks but not that hard to find if you know what to look for) They just need the 2 little fittings added to make everything still work properly. I can show you a pic or maybe sell one?

Hey, Just a Six, or anyone else who has the info. Could you post pics or actual sizes of the brass fittings necessary?

I was swapping old VDO "cockpit" series for new VDO "Vision" series gauges-The fitting that comes with the new Water Temperature Gauge does not fit my application. I drove all over town looking for some sort of adapter to make this thing work but no one seems to have this fitting.

The old gauge has a closed-end sleeve with 3/8" thread that goes into the block. It feels a little loose until it's tightened and then it fits fine with no leaks. The the sensor part that is attached to the wire line screws into the sleeve. (this sensor does not touch coolant)

The new gauge has an open-end sleeve that is much larger than the 3/8" of the old gauge. Also, the new sleeve is a "pass-through" sytle that allows for the sensor part that is attached to the wire line to screw into it and stick out of it into the block (touching the coolant).

I need an open end sleeve that has an outside size of 3/8" to screw into the block. It must also allow the sensor to screw into it and seat properly.

BTW, the location that I'm using is where the old one was which is to left the t-stat housing as you face the block.

Any ideas??