Oil change on gnx

jpetrol251

Im sure it has been discussed before. It mostly sits in garage. 18k miles on od. i start it once a month and let it warm up for a few. its been a year since i purchased. Do i need to change oil and if so how much does it take and what kind should i use if its just going to sit around? I am in south florida, (warm climate) Thanks

Oil capacity is in your owners manual. And as far as what type of oil...good luck that subject has been discussed about 1,000 times on here with 1,00o different opinions :rolleyes:

Simply starting the car once a month for a few wont get rid of the moisture in the oil. You need to drive it and get it hot enough to burn the moisture out.

On a car that hardly gets driven moisture accumulation caused by natural condensation in the motor does not have an opportunity to get burned off. This accumulated moisture reacts with deposits in the oil causing the oil to become acidic over time. Good rule of thumb is to change the oil AT LEAST once a year even if you don't drive it a single mile. I change mine every 6 months no matter what.

The question on what oil to use always causes debate on here and never ends nicely. That's why you got the responses you got. I could tell you what I think but then I'd get a hundred assholes telling me I'm wrong even though there really is no one right answer to that question. Just use a brand name oil and make sure its not synthetic....:D. Let the fireworks begin....:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
If you own a GNX, go do some research. You shouldn't own the car if you don't know how to take care of it.

Hey trixdout, i think that is a jerk off response. Are you just looking for a fight or are you just a hater? Jerk off

Read the owners manual as previous stated by Venus. It should be located in your passenger side glove compartment. Let me know and I can draw you a map...

All I can add to this is.
.1 oil is of your preferences. Just add zddp additive.
.2 you need to run that beast down the beach line every once in a while.helps alot belive it on not.
#.3 what number GNX an please post a pic, because it's a fish story till you do.
Enjoy an happy boosting.

As stated any name brand old will be good. I personally run Valvoline 10w30 VR1 Racing Oil. Should hold anywhere from 5.5 to 6.5 quarts. Put in 5 check the dipstick before starting to make sure it's on the full mark. The filter(if stock) should eat up about a 1/2 quart after being started. Top off after starting it.

As stated earlier, you almost need to drive it before changing the oil to get the oil hot and to burn the moisture that has accumulated in the engine while sitting.

If it's in a climate controlled garage, I'm not sure that I would ever start it or change it.

Hey trixdout, i think that is a jerk off response. Are you just looking for a fight or are you just a hater? Jerk off
Apparently money can't buy intelligence nor some common sense. Good day. It can be a dick comment or it can be an eye-opening comment. Just be aware that there is a search bar and you are encouraged to use it. This is some of the most basic information for any car. How to properly maintain a GNX well, if you can properly work on a car or care for it then maybe you shouldn't have.

You have got to be some sort of imbecile if you cannot figure out how many quarts of oil goes into that 109 block.

Not looking for a fight. Trying to share some common sense, because of your lack in that department.

Most people at work know me and what they know is I shoot straight and say how it is. If you don't like the post then 9/10 times means that it hit a nerve and is true.

I guess when your in an open free forum you get a lot of internet tough guys and scum

And in response to this.... refer back to what i posted in this very post. Do some research on the basic of a car instead of asking how to maintain a GNX.