Oil change on gnx

Jesus i give up. you guys are heartless scum. relax venus your ssi check will be here in 7 days then you can go get your manifold.

jpetrol, I don't own a gnx, wish I did but I sometimes come on here and take a gander cause I hope to one day own one. These guys that post have been in this game probably longer than both of us combined. Don't take it personal. When I first became a member here, I had no clue about these cars. The only thing I did know is that I love them and had a passion for them. I finally bought one and I have learned a lot researching on here. Once I couldn't find what I was looking for, I asked the question. It was probably stupid to some of the veterans here but new to me. I guess what I am trying to say is that there is a wealth of knowledge here. You just have to do a little searching. By the way, I am also in south florida. Whereabouts are you located?

I'd go with mobil 1 10w 30 synthetic, but that's me others will have different opinions. I'd probably change it once a year if I had the pleasure to own such a car. It would probably be good to drive it occasionally. Don't take folks the wrong way. You've come to the best site on turbo Buicks, but different folks method of delivery of info will vary.

I have found that Red Line oil works best for all my vehicles that are stored, it is worth the extra couple of dollars for the durability of the oil.

I would also use Mobil 1 synthetic 10w30 or 10W40 and add a bottle of ZDDP. And as mentioned before be sure to warm it up completely more often to prevent moisture accumulating in your crankcase. And thanks for coming on here to ask questions.

one reason you should drive your car, rather then just warm it up while sitting, is it gets the oil flowing through everything, and lubes the seals ( which can get brittle from sitting) also , idling for extended periods of time will kill the cam shaft, due to lack of oil, as it is oiled from oil slinging off the rods, and idling does not produce enough to sufficiently oil the cam. also look for a additive that will stick to metal parts , as sitting will allow oil to drain off of everything,
I have heard that synthetic oils drain off of metal parts sooner than dino oils, for that reason alone, I use conventional oil in my turbo buick.

I also use Red Line oil...one of the reasons, I emailed their engineering staff and they reported the amount of zddp in the oil is adequate for our flat tappet cams (they gave the analysis years ago which I posted at that time). The next question is What filter do you use? For the oil and filter, go to Bobistheoilguy.com forums..it is a site which includes lubrication engineers....there is more technical information than you want to hear. Again, everybody has their own preference and this subject has been posted many times.

I have 2 GNXs and a bunch of other cars worth more than either and do all my own maintenance because I enjoy it

I use vr1 in my 9 second GN and both GNX 10w30
I change it every 6-12 M
Vr1 had zinc etc in it
I used to use penzoil 10w30 and add zddp and had no issues either

Again many ways to get it done and many opinions
Also change it yearly even if it doesn't move

I have 2 GNXs and a bunch of other cars worth more than either and do all my own maintenance because I enjoy it

I use vr1 in my 9 second GN and both GNX 10w30
I change it every 6-12 M
Vr1 had zinc etc in it
I used to use penzoil 10w30 and add zddp and had no issues either

Again many ways to get it done and many opinions
Also change it yearly even if it doesn't move
Funny
Site went down after my post above until just now
Wow
MIA since Saturday
Some one must have a POS server

I dont have a dog in this hunt but i would like to see some pics. I will even say please. Dont forget to show what # GNX you have. Thanks.