You can type here any text you want

Oil Filter Fun

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rubicon 327

Protected by Attack Cat
Hope the picture attaches......this is the first time attaching pictures for me.:eek:

How hard have you had to work to get your filter off?

Friday night I figure I will give the ole girl an oil change and go for a little cruise:cool: ,needless to say this turned into a Saturday morning project.:mad: I tried the screwdriver through the filter and that didn't work,:frown: I had to resort to cutting notches in it by the neck and using a foot and a half long piece of black pipe with an angle cut on it as a chisel.

The previous dealership/owner did the last oil change and had a gorilla install the filter apparently.

Anyone else have this kind of fun?

I'm had this happen more times than I care to remember. I have a special tool just for this. It fits on a rachet and has 2 very big claws on it and will crush the filter before it lets go. Most of the oil change idiots overtighten it and if you look at the o ring it is crushed and malformed.

Sometimes its confusing when your upside down on your back...

Lefty loosy, righty tighty :D

OMG....LOL. Sorry you did it to yourself but I have to laugh. lol Just remember next time, no more than 1 turn after the filter contacts and you're good. Thanks, I needed that.

Back