You can type here any text you want

oil level??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

9secWH1

i have a 153 and was wondering where the oil level is supposed to be in reference to the pan rail. im trying to determine how long the dipstick needs to be.

Steve

Stage II

I have a 153 block and i use a stock dip stick and tube and the pan holds 6 1/2 of oil and i have no problems at all.

My 153 doesn't have a dipstick tube provision, is it in your pan, or block?

Also, 9sec, what oiling/ pan you using? Could make a diff.

What oil pan are you using? What capacity? What oil pump? High volume? external? ect.

You will want to have enough oil in the pan to do the job, and not more. The oil level should be as far away from the crankshaft as possible. The pan needs baffeling to keep the pick-up immersed in oil at all times. If using a stock oil pan, make SURE you have a baffel welded in at the front side of the sump to keep oil from sloshing up the front of the pan under hard braking. After getting it all bolted together, fill the pan with usually the correct amount for the capacity of the pan and then modify your dipstick tube and dipstick to show "FULL" on the dipstick.

turbofabricator What oil pan are you using? What capacity? What oil pump? High volume? external? ect.

You will want to have enough oil in the pan to do the job, and not more. The oil level should be as far away from the crankshaft as possible. The pan needs baffeling to keep the pick-up immersed in oil at all times. If using a stock oil pan, make SURE you have a baffel welded in at the front side of the sump to keep oil from sloshing up the front of the pan under hard braking. After getting it all bolted together, fill the pan with usually the correct amount for the capacity of the pan and then modify your dipstick tube and dipstick to show "FULL" on the dipstick.

I'm running a moroso pan, has side kick-outs and plenty of baffeling with trap doors for under hard braking. unsure of the capacity. dls pump (dutt style). that way makes sense to me thanks.

Squid4life My 153 doesn't have a dipstick tube provision, is it in your pan, or block?

Also, 9sec, what oiling/ pan you using? Could make a diff.

wet sump, dip stick on the pan.

Back