You can type here any text you want

oil on EGR tower?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ryan319

i'm still chasing some smoke at warm idle and on decel after a complete motor and turbo rebuilt. the turbo was only rebuilt as a precaution and i can see any wetness at either end of it, even after running it with the downpipe off for 20 minutes.

i pulled the upper plenum off today and the runners look relatively clean. but i noticed an oily mess inside the EGR tower. is that normal? could this be the source of my smoking problem? should i get an RJC power plate and block off the EGR?

where is smoke emanating from? Engine bay or exhaust pipes?

Trying to block the EGR, as you say, would not stop the oil from leaking at the source. It must be coming from somewhere. idle and decel might cause me to think its the turbo. Who rebuilt the turbo? What brand/model is it?

Plug the PCV valve and your oil problem will go away. At least I am about 90% sure. Oil on the EGR tower indicates this to me.

pcv is already disconnected.

is it possible that the turbo is blowing oil into the intake? i took all the intercooler piping off and looked in the turbo but didn't see any oil residue. could it be leaking internally that i can't see without taking the turbo apart?

Back