oil pressure by-pass valve blocking?

I'm with lazaris and Lonnie. I have had two cams go flat (not so budget rollers), and if it weren't for the blocked bypass I would have been in a world of hurt. It saved the bearings and turbo.....twice. I run 15-50 with about 60psi on cold start ups and 20-24psi at idle.
I have had a PureOne filter collapse on me. I have had zero failures with AC filters though. I run a biggie conversion too. You should be okay with a large filter on your relocation kit. It's cheap insurance for a motor that is known to eat cams, front cam bearings, cam trust surfaces, and the occasional trust bearing due to ballooned converters :eek:

In my case I am using a normal oil pump and not a high volume. But I was also running a AC PF52. My oil filter collapsed after inital start up with 5W30. After the timing chain broke we pulled the motor to make sure everything looked fine. The only thing I found so far is, that the front cam bearing was grooved on the oil pump side. But I haven't had time to check the bottom end. I just don't want to see anybody have the same problems that I am having. Like I said earlier, I put one back into my motor. I also upgraded to a bigger oil filter. Look at it this way. Have you heard of problems with leaving the bypass in.

With the PF52, you actually lose some flow through it due to the filter media being folded and packed in tighter and is also the reason why some experience lifter clatter on startup...Blocking the bypass and running the PF52, and I can see why you collapsed filters...

well, I started the thing up and oil pressure is at about 70 PSI!....seems a little high....but I do have the high vol. pump.

I didn't run it much, so engine oil temp barely broke 100 degrees....oil pressure stayed the same. Now, I'm worried what might happen during wot? Guess I'll keep a close eye on the pressure.

...by the way, I called PE and they said I can purchase one from them....but there on back order for a couple more days....what a relief in case this doesn't work out :)

I'm going to pull the filter after I get this thing road worthy to check for damage....

Thanks again,

Mark

I run a blocked by pass. Its been that way forever. 1st with a biggie kit, and now with a PTE oiling system. I have collapsed filers before, but in my opinion its been cause of cheap filters too thick of oil and getting on the gas while that motor is cold.

At start up 70psi is not bad on a cold motor. With a hot motor you will see that number fall easily. My motor cold is 68 or so psi and hot at idle is 30+.

Thanks Louie.....you don't know how good this makes me feel to know someone else is running the same thing with success :)

Appreciate it

...are you running a high vol. oil pump?

Mark

Ran the same set up with both stock and now hi vol cover on both my old stock block and my new girdled block. ;)