You can type here any text you want

Oil pressure sending unit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hensleyt

I have read 4 pages in the search forms,and I’m so confused.
I have a hot wire so can I remove the sending unit?
Mine leaks bad!

I have read 4 pages in the search forms,and I’m so confused.
I have a hot wire so can I remove the sending unit?
Mine leaks bad!
Hot wire to what?

I’m not sure any hot wire has anything to do with the oil pressure sending unit.

Explain.

The oil pressure sender provides a back up circuit to the fuel pump. If the FUEL PUMP RELAY dies AND oil pressure is above apron. 4 psi the fuel pump will run. This is completely separate from the hotwire setup.

With the Hot wire kit the stock Fuel Pump Relay triggers the Hot Wire Relay. The Oil Pressure sender will still be a backup.

The oil pressure sender provides a back up circuit to the fuel pump. If the FUEL PUMP RELAY dies AND oil pressure is above apron. 4 psi the fuel pump will run. This is completely separate from the hotwire setup.

With the Hot wire kit the stock Fuel Pump Relay triggers the Hot Wire Relay. The Oil Pressure sender will still be a backup.
This is what I thought. It’s a shame a $10. part spoiled my weekend and cost me a tow home

No I was not tooled up for that,as you know it’s a pain to get to.
Thanks for the help it’s time to revamp that mess down there,maybe a turbo saver our something like that

Back