OK Buick vs. Ford Shootout

Originally posted by qwknuf6 jr
Its a Buick event and the Fords are our guest . We are glad that anyone would take the time and effert to come and race us ,even if we are slow , there is even a BBQ after the race to get to know every one .(12.00 a plate )

Win lose or draw it will be a great race .

See Ya

Exactly, I think that is a great idea to let everyone hang out after the race. I always hate having 1 hr to get off the property after the race. Maybe they could get the track for the whole day and into the evening. Heck, charge us Ford guys 30 bucks apiece to cover the cost. I enjoyed the Tulsa race simply because we raced into the night. If you have any pull, try to get the buick guys to start the race finals a tad later in the afternoon. This race is once per year and I think it is over too quickly!!!

Now Blake, you know that the Old Men have to get home and in bed before 8pm...hell if you we hold eliminations at 4pm, my god they would be up until all hours of the night....8:30 at least!!!

Originally posted by Andrew91GT
Nah, he's not ragging on you. He's only pointing out that if something were to happen, it's a long way home to get a trailer to take the car back.

For example, when we line up and I drag that turd you call a buick so badly that you wonder if your turbo is making boost, you won't be able to see because of all the tears spilling down your face, making you unable to drive. You'd want a trailer then so you could get a buddy to haul your car home, right? Do you trust someone else to drive it?

Be carefull Andrew, you may smoke a clutch!!! Pull that timing back down to 10 degrees!!

Originally posted by bsharer
Your pimp was saying you were gonna drive your car from Tulsa to the race. So what? Like thats something to be proud of.

Like I said, if you had a trailer, you would trailer your car. You know its retared to drive all the way there and drain your pump gas and put in your race gas, unload the trunk will all the crap you bring to the track, change tires, etc...

I am still not sure I understand , why would you trailer a street car?
I guess we have diff views of what a street car is .
Like I said I can get a trailer . I can race it on the gas and tires I drive it down on.
Maybe your car is a Race car that runs 9's ,Maybe I have a street car that runs 9's , your car is faster than mine I am sure .But I know which car I would pick

Originally posted by lilthumper
Be carefull Andrew, you may smoke a clutch!!! Pull that timing back down to 10 degrees!!

Don't you hate it when this happens:

clutch2.jpg

Originally posted by lilthumper
Exactly, I think that is a great idea to let everyone hang out after the race. I always hate having 1 hr to get off the property after the race. Maybe they could get the track for the whole day and into the evening. Heck, charge us Ford guys 30 bucks apiece to cover the cost. I enjoyed the Tulsa race simply because we raced into the night. If you have any pull, try to get the buick guys to start the race finals a tad later in the afternoon. This race is once per year and I think it is over too quickly!!!

FYI, The track will be staying open till 10:00 PM if I'm not mistaken for the BBQ. I'm not sure who's in charge of the BBQ, maybe that person can chime in here. I'm sure most of my brothers in arms would not mind having the Ford guys drool over our cars/numbers. ;)

This will be my first time out in this event. I hope I can get to race. I might be the slowest there. :(

Dannyo

Like I said... you dont have a trailer.

I know what I would pick too... convenience. Regardless of what kind of car it is.

My car is far from a race car.

Like I said, we can hook up after the race and do something on the street if you guys are worried about racing some street cars!

Like I said... you dont have a trailer.
I know what I would pick too... convenience. Regardless of what kind of car it is.

My car is far from a race car.

Why do you keep saying I dont have a trailer , I said I have access to one ......really I do

Like I said, we can hook up after the race and do something on the street if you guys are worried about racing some street cars!
Why do you keep saying I dont have a trailer , I said I have access to one ......really I do .

I think your talking about racing your race car on the street . I have seen 7second race cars race on the street , its cool but doesnt make it a street car , maybe we could drive back to Tulsa and hit a few licks there

You must have me confused with somebody else. What makes you think its a race car?

Why would I want to go to Tulsa... isn't that the armpit of Oklahoma?

Ive got access to a bigger motor and a big sinlge turbo... :confused:

What is your point?

YOU dont have a trailer, or else you would trailer your car like every other SMART person would.

You must have me confused with somebody else. What makes you think its a race car?

Why would I want to go to Tulsa... isn't that the armpit of Oklahoma?
Must be your hangup on the trailer thingy,and the disbelief I would drive my car rather than trailer it , maybe your just in denial

No Tulsa is not the armpit of OK , it's the armpit of US......but is great for racing

How many Bruicks went BOOM BITCH at last years race?

I couldnt even keep track! Transmission, BOOM, Head gasket, BOOM, Rear end, BOOM, shortblock... BOOM!!

Hope everything goes well for you...

I drive my car all over Dallas, 40 miles to the track one way and I wouldn't be stupid enough to go to a race over 100 miles away and run the crap out of it without a trailer. You'd have to be as dumb as a box of turds to do something like that!!!

We have been hearing that the faster mustang guys are discouraging the real mustangs from coming to the race:rolleyes:

Hope that it's not true.

I haven't been on the board for a while, but it's looks like things haven't changed much on the shootout scene.

You can always count on a lot of big talk from the ford guys, especially "lilthumper":eek:. Lots of big talk, then at the shootout he will sandbag so he doesn't have to race someone with a chance to beat him:confused:

I've got my poor old 225,000 mile gn running and will be at the track Saturday. I just hope some real mustangs show up so I have a chance to race this year:p

Man you guys P#ss and moan just like a bunch of old men! GO on over to www.dfwstangs.net and see what we been telling people about showing up....we say if you got a car and a pulse then bring it out.

Don't be so bitter, you'll only be ashamed of yourselves for a week or two after we are done on saturday...:p

Ive got access to a bigger motor and a big sinlge turbo... :confused:

What is your point?

YOU dont have a trailer, or else you would trailer your car like every other SMART person would.

Are you saying you change mtrs and turbos as fast and often as you load the car on a trialer ? Not a real good comparision,do you think ?
A car trailer is not something that you have to have peramantly attached to your car to use , it would cost me no money , other than the extra gas my truck would use , it would take no time , other than the extra time to load and unload , this makes no sense . If I needed to use a trailer I would

Originally posted by qwknuf6 jr
Are you saying you change mtrs and turbos as fast and often as you load the car on a trialer ? Not a real good comparision,do you think ?
A car trailer is not something that you have to have peramantly attached to your car to use , it would cost me no money , other than the extra gas my truck would use , it would take no time , other than the extra time to load and unload , this makes no sense . If I needed to use a trailer I would

No he's saying that only a moron would take a car that runs 9s to a race and flog the sh#t out of it and attempt to drive it hundreds of miles home. Let me guess, your pile of junk never breaks does it dad? It just runs 10s and nines and you never even open the hood. Give us all a break with your crying about trailer cars, you sound like a 5 year old.....