You can type here any text you want

Ok, Im ready for D.O.T sticky tires!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
I need opinions on DOT tires. I found old posts about this topic, but I need some updated info.

I want to mount them on my 16" rims before the Bradenton Buick Event 3-6-04.

Please list all info. you can about the tires you have experience with.

Thanks
Bo

You looking for hardcore dot's for the track? Or are you looking for a compromise tire? Through experience of friends (like Dr Boost and a few others) its seams that the best dot's are ET streets or quick time pros. I currently own slicks and drag radials. I plan on adding Et streets to my collection.

HTH: Jason

I love ET Streets and have been running them for around 4 years now(scince 2000).

I run 26x11.5x16 ET Street on stock GTA wheels and my best 60ft to date is a 1.47

This year I'll be changing to 3.42 gears(and getting rid of the doggy 3.08 gears)and running a set of 28x10x16 Hoosier slicks till they wear out and then I'll be going to the newer 28x11.5x16 ET Streets :D

HTH,
Steve

Bo are these going to be daily driver tires or track tires.

Most of us with mild TTA's have has tremendous results with the Nitto's as a compromise tire.

Need a track tire.. whole other animal.

HTH

Most of us with mild TTA's

AND

11.622 at 118.71 1.588 60 ft

When my dad's Nova was running 11.70 to 11.80 It would shake the windows in your house if he drove by. I think alot of those chebby and ford boys your whoopin on at the track think your cars wild enough for some race fuel and the best tires you can get your hands on Razor ;) . When your at the track next time and you get some one going about running on pump gas you need to act pist and tell them your mad because the track officials wont let you make a pass with the a/c on. Tell them they're worried about mosture dripping off of the a/c and on to the track! Hell some of those goofy a$$es remove there 4 oz. card board glove box to cut weight!

What they need is a TR drive train trans plant!

I love my old chevys but not for going fast!

Going to get off track but this is funny: My nephew ate dinner with Cruz Pedregon the funny car driver. He told Cruz about my car said it ran 11.xx, Cruz said his car goes 4.xx @ 300+ mph. My nephew says " yah but my uncle's car has air conditioning!"
I really dont think he was impressed but I've always thought that was a funny story.

Jason

DOT tires

Guys, it seems that I am leaning toward the ET streets or Hoosier QTP's.

I live about 10 minutes from the Bradenton track and the car would see more of the track than the street.

Does anyone have pics of these tires mentioned, mounted on the car?

Has anyone been in the wet weather with these?

What about M&H racemaster?

Thanks,
Bo

Re: DOT tires

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
Has anyone been in the wet weather with these?

I have a few times, my suggestion is not to get cought in it.Not fun :D

Steve

i ran those M&H racemasters on the stock TTA wheels and they are 305 40 16s. they stick out enough to where you get some tire rubber all the way up the car because they are quite wide, at least thats what happend on the 3 cars we ran them on-

they hooked great at the track and just as great on the street-
i never was able to get my ET streets to hook well on the street as well as the M&H's did-

id rather just go with a HOOSIER because on some of their tires, you dont have to drill rim screws.

when i get another TTA im going with the HOOSIER QUICK TIME PRO 26X9.5X16 just cause ive heard that they are better then the ET STREETS, and they tuck right under the wheel wells

have you looked into the new mickey thompson et street drag radials?
BW

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.

id rather just go with a HOOSIER because on some of their tires, you dont have to drill rim screws.

when i get another TTA im going with the HOOSIER QUICK TIME PRO 26X9.5X16 just cause ive heard that they are better then the ET STREETS, and they tuck right under the wheel wells

have you looked into the new mickey thompson et street drag radials?
BW

Are you supposed to drill rim screws on the M&H's ?

Do you have any pics?

I have seen the new MT ET streets and they look pretty nice. If I could get my hands on those before March than I would try those.Maybe I will hold off till those come out. I dunno because that would put me with street tires for the Bradenton event. :(

Maybe someone has some used slicks mounted on some crappy rims they can sell me.

Bo

we didnt drill the M&H tires on the TTA wheels, but with the stock turbo and 110% stock OE suspension from the factory with no mods done except bilstein rear shocks, the car was getting 1.60 sixty foots with stock D5 convertor-

tires are gone, sold them about a year ago sorry buddy!

if you want to go all out at the track, then get 100% true slick, you only live what 10 miles from the track you said?

ps- i was cleaning out the basement the other day and found a PBR ME ASAP poster from AT LEAST 10 years ago with a hot chick on there holding a brewsky. i thought of your name and was laughin:D :D

BW

I have some used ET Streets I'll sell you, still has some good tred left. I was getting consistant 1.6's with a best 1.57 with the GN before I just switched to the Hoosiers. $40 + shipping let me know:)

Thanks for all the info guys. I really appreciate this.

Charged, what size are they?

Any plugs or bad spots that would be unsafe about them?

I just need something decent for Bradenton because I really want to support this event.

Lemme know......PM me if you want.

Bo

Bo, I am using Hoosier Quick Time Pros and I love them. My car is not tht fast, but I still manage to cut consistent 1.7 60 foot times. I just left them on the car for most of the racing season last year with no problems. Don't get caught in the rain!

Click link below and you will see pics of the Hoosiers on my car.

Captain Mark,
I really like the way those Hoosiers look/fit on your car! What size are they?

Anyone know when the new ET streets are comming?(March I heard)?

Bo

Ive used 26x9.5 16 mickey thompson sportsman pros with very good results...much better than bfg dr's

surej

The ET streets are 26 x 11.5 x 15
No plugs or bad spots, probably another full racing season left in them, still has plenty of the tread lines still on them. They were screwed on the back side only.

Let me know, chargedgn@aol.com

Back