Ok, now what do you dislike about your GN or t-type?

The falling prices of them :(

Actually one of the 2 ARSEWIPE owners before me drilled
a ricboy wing onto my GN trunk. Thus they took the value right out of my nice 86 lightweight. :mad:

Ok the biggest dislike has to be is when you stop to get gas and the guy next to you says " nice car is it for sale " or "wow is that a real GN " or "wanna sell it " :D or when you park it and someone leaves you a note " if you ever decide to sell it call me " ;) Well i guess the other G-body owners don't get too much of this :rolleyes:

Jim

Having owned 19 Turbo Buicks, 2 GNX's and a TTA my list of dislikes is long.

Turbo buicks in General:

Poor paint, poor body panel alignment, interior materials only designed for a predetermined usefull life, lack of willingness to have critical replacement parts available from the mfg (cranks, cam sensors, the list goes on), massive water leaks with T-Top cars, wind noise, A pillar rust on moon roof cars, factory tollerances way to large, low quality sheet metal prone to severe rust, slow power window motors, EASE OF THEFT due to simple starter switch mechanism with EASY access, lack of appropriate gauges, there are many more..........

GNX's

Well, if you actually have taken one apart you would witness a total hack job. Gauges condensate when A/C is on because ASC failed to seal / caulk the speedometer feed tube to the vent duct, according to my original Stewart Warner Gauge blueprints, ASC only required a + / - 10% guage accuracy (speedometer not included), Take a fender flair off and see the irratic cuts made by a sawz-all, with no rust inhibitor applied to the bare metal (I even have pictures of this on the ASC assembly line) Ever see the welds on the rear suspension pieces. I had to laugh, as someone last year at the Nats said it "looks like a weld by a 1st day welding student with his eyes closed. Fender vents were installed by clamping a metal jig to the fender and cutting the fender with a sawz-all, on many GNX's you can actually see the impression that was made by the jig in the paint, take a close look, as you may see a crease in the paint about 3/8" or so around the actaual vent itself embeded in the paint.

you can see photos of some of these GNX items at www.hbscomputers.com/gnxparts1

TTA's,

Again low quality components, especially the leather seat material

Joe

Originally posted by GNX Guy
Having owned 19 Turbo Buicks, 2 GNX's and a TTA my list of dislikes is long.

Holy Smokes!!! :eek: One of these cars is enough for me.. I guess having owned 22 turbo cars is a record. :D

Originally posted by Vsix
Ok the biggest dislike has to be is when you stop to get gas and the guy next to you says " nice car is it for sale " or "wow is that a real GN " or "wanna sell it " :D or when you park it and someone leaves you a note " if you ever decide to sell it call me " ;) Well i guess the other G-body owners don't get too much of this :rolleyes:

Jim

Don't flatter yourselves. I have had more offers on my SS than on my T. Most of the offers come when Amy is off driving the car... I guess she makes the deal look better if these dolts think she comes with it. ;) :D

I did get one offer on the SS when I was with it, my response was:
Yep, it is for sale... got $35,000? :D

things i dislike about my GN?

1. stock fuel pump sucks
2. slow windows
3. driver side window doesn't seal properly...will actually be sucked out of the seal when going 75 mph
4. factory paint was pathetic
5. ds header crack defect
6. stock speedometer and lack of REAL gauges...i love the led setup though
7. the cheap plastic piece underneath the dash that sags
8. POWERMASTER BRAKE SYSTEM = death trap trying to stop sometimes
9. this is an aftermarket issue...but my 3" downpipe is CONSTANTLY banging around the frame
10. GNs should have came stock with the GNX rims and tires

I dont like the fact its cheaper to mod my Saab than my Buick.

I dont like that its impossible to re-align the ASC sliding roof.

The blinking 85 is way to distracting for those speeds.:cool:

That in Central NY I can only drive the thing 4 months outa the year.

My constant need to wax the crappy black paint job.

Almost every part was substandard.

I go through O2 sensors like Tic-tacs.

Something squeaks when i hit bumbs at speed.

The fact, I had to blow a sizable mod budgett the first 2 years I had the car rebuilding the front suspension since Carfax said it was in a fire:eek: and that the tranny fried at 145k.

Originally posted by jdodman
What is a Vortec SS - Is that some kind of Candian only production car ???

I think he means that it has a vortec engine. Like a vortec 350. I love GN's. Despite what you guys say. But how hard is basic maintence? Other than the brakes, and crappy seals and paint job. What is bad with them? What are some common problems?

Originally posted by 87350Monte
I think he means that it has a vortec engine. Like a vortec 350.

...Exactly, it is a 350 with production Vortec heads. It is just a pet name for the car's engine.

:)