You can type here any text you want

OK to use Solid motor mounts?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nashty

WORLD'S FASTEST ......geo
Can I use solid motor mounts? The car will be drag raced mostly but will see the occasional street trip. I'll use a poly trans mount.

Not a motor plate but individual mounts.

Anyone use solid mounts?

I don't see the need to buy the HRparts ones if I can just use solid mounts.

on a balanced engine, its peferectly ok, some people say the road noise transmitts tot he knowck sensor, the engien rattles too much, bla bla bla, i have used them for many years love them, poly are nice for a street car, but for race the solid mounts help with front end rigidity and i can't say enough, the sam nay sayers are the ones usung a strap, and don't like big converters and so on, i have broke every rule of street cars at the same time, i mean EVERY RULE, and it drove just fine, rules are for girls, do what you want, and find out for yourself, everyone wants different things, if you want solid mounts try em, what deos it take, an hour or so to take them out if you don't like them, jsut my 2 cents and ABSOLUTLY NO FLAME INTENDED, :)
Grant

I am running solid mounts in the Opel. Like everything else in the car, the mounts were hand made. I only drag race the car (well, I drove it down the street to the local cruise in) and with the FAST system, don't use a knock sensor. If you are going to do combination driving, go for the HR stuff. Paul makes a very good product that you should have no problems with. Good luck.

John Schmidt

Originally posted by opeltwinturbo
I am running solid mounts in the Opel. Like everything else in the car, the mounts were hand made. I only drag race the car (well, I drove it down the street to the local cruise in) and with the FAST system, don't use a knock sensor. If you are going to do combination driving, go for the HR stuff. Paul makes a very good product that you should have no problems with. Good luck.

John Schmidt
Ditto there. I run solid mounts (yes welded and fabricated too) and they are fine. Also run a FAST and no knock sensor. I don't tool around the streets with the car but I do drive 25 miles each way to the track and I don't notice any vibration. It's a race car that is driven on the street, what do you expect it to feel like? I’m too damn busy watching the gauges and other idiots around me to notice any vibrations… J

Amen brother Art!

This is a race car for the street. It's a Geo Metro tube chassis car with a CM 4 link out back and a Strange strut front end. Powered by a max effort stock block and glide tranny. Weight around 2200#

My decision has been made.

Thanks,

Roger

Originally posted by Nashty
Amen brother Art!

This is a race car for the street. It's a Geo Metro tube chassis car with a CM 4 link out back and a Strange strut front end. Powered by a max effort stock block and glide tranny. Weight around 2200#

My decision has been made.

Thanks,

Roger
Cool, like to see pictures of that!!

Back