Ok, Why is EVERY thread

**** isnt censored here, is it?

Well, WTF.. that's left over from the previous administration. Ill fix it up.

gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca gsca

Go nuts

Jay,

Why are you deleting the posts from sp-7 or whatever his name was? I understand you point, somewhat, but why are you filtering information?

Thanks Jim

I guess you didnt read the link I posted above.
You aren't answering the question he asked. Since you deleted the post by sx-7, nobody can tell if he was selling his wares. From what I remember someone asked for more pics of the headers and sx-7 post some close ups. But no knows that now that you deleted the posts. This comes down to no more than Censoring of information. I can understand not letting him/them hawk thier wares for free if others have to pay a high advertizing rate. So much for the small biz person being able to afford advertizing and keeping prices down.
OK back on topic....I didn't see sx-p selling headers in Ted's post, it was just a member sharing information for the betterment (is this really a word) of our sport...but what the h*ll do I know.

So if I bought a ported TB from someone that wasn't a vendor on here, but posted a pic and it was the best thing since sliced bread...would it get locked down and/or deleted too.

Small biz person.. LOL.. if you guys had ANY idea how much profit is in a set of those headers, you'd fall on the floor. Trust me, that guy is making more money than ANY TurboBuick vendor. It's disrespectful for him to be over here promoting his stuff and not supporting the board or its users.

EVERY post that guy made here was to either promote one of his products or BA's products.

Ive had many PMs back and forth with SPX7.. he IS the one selling the headers on Ebay.

Individuals can sell whatever they want here. When you have 50 sets of headers sitting in your garage or wherever (Thats the minimum order) then IMO you're no longer an individual, youre a vendor.

Small biz person.. LOL.. if you guys had ANY idea how much profit is in a set of those headers, you'd fall on the floor. Trust me, that guy is making more money than ANY TurboBuick vendor. It's disrespectful for him to be over here promoting his stuff and not supporting the board or its users.

EVERY post that guy made here was to either promote one of his products or BA's products.

Ive had many PMs back and forth with SPX7.. he IS the one selling the headers on Ebay.

Individuals can sell whatever they want here. When you have 50 sets of headers sitting in your garage or wherever (Thats the minimum order) then IMO you're no longer an individual, youre a vendor.

I think one of the main reasons he is selling these headers is so we dont fall off our chair,if i fall off the chair off his profits,i mise as well jump off a bridge off the other headers profit,correct?........i personally would pay the forum fee,if i were him,and let the normal mark-up price of headers be shown....maybe the others will stop probing us with 800% mark-up...this is jmo,im not a pro on headers,im just going by what ive heard..i say if everyone wants a good price lets all donate to get him on here,or just go to ebay...

The mods have a very hard job to do and by the way it looks there is no way to make every one happy.
That said I am with the mods on this one.
David

Speaking in general, and not in particular of this thread, only a few things can happen if Shane and / or Jay allow this person to continue offering his wares or testominials? regarding them openly on TB.com:
1. All or most supporting vendors/suppliers will quit being supporting vendors/ suppliers. Why should they pay when others don't.
2. It sets a precedent? for other non-supporting vendors/suppliers to further damage or lessen the integrity of TB.com.
3. I don't think that Shane bought this board necessarily to make money, but if it becomes evident that this board will always be costing Shane money, nothing good can come of that.
4. I like to see a good manufacturer/vendor/supplier, in short a business of any type do well enough to stay in business and I won't tell you what I like to see a bad one of the above do, but it's damn sure not in catagory "A" above.
5. In short, Shane, Jay, & TB.com need out continued support in this issue.
Let's all help and offer our support. Nothing good will happen if we don't. I won't say that there is no such thing as a "free lunch" upon occasion, actually rarely, but I will say that I have always come out on top paying good money for a quality product, even when I think that the manufacturer or seller in making a little more profit than I feel that he is entitled to.
Fortunately, I don't share the same warm feelings towards the oil industry.
Thanks for reading and sharing your valuable time.

I said it in one of the other header threads...PUT 'EM ON E-BAY and keep 'em there. Plenty of people who surf the boards surf e-bay. But hey thats not free either...listing fees, final sale fees and such. In the retail world (of any kind) there is no such thing as free marketing. Because marketing has a value it creates interest in a product. In no way should someone be able to offer or showcase a product for free. If I could in my buisness I would save about $40,000 a year....But then again I wouldn't be selling anywhere near as much.
It the retail world advertising is a neccessary evil.
But a forum of this nature should certinally allow feedback on a new product, be it positive or negative so we all can learn.
We do live in a global economy with compitition everywhere but at all levels it has to be advertised and that will NEVER BE FREE.

I think one of the main reasons he is selling these headers is so we dont fall off our chair,if i fall off the chair off his profits,i mise as well jump off a bridge off the other headers profit,correct?........i personally would pay the forum fee,if i were him,and let the normal mark-up price of headers be shown....maybe the others will stop probing us with 800% mark-up...this is jmo,im not a pro on headers,im just going by what ive heard..i say if everyone wants a good price lets all donate to get him on here,or just go to ebay...

I dont think the others are making an 8000% markup on their headers. I'd guesstimate that TA makes MAYBE $200 a set on theirs. For a $1000 set of headers, that's an okay return. About what ATR used to discount them to dealers.

I'll probably get in trouble with someone for this but screw it, I dont care. Those Ebay headers cost $90 a set from the manufacturer before you pay shipping from China and whatever taxes there are to get them in the US. Im not pulling that number out of the air, either. That is the cost.

So when you're bidding on those headers, keep in mind that they cost $90 a set and the person selling them is probably making about the same amount of profit that the person selling you $1000 set of headers is making, only with the $1000 set, you get a product made in the USA and usually something handbuilt instead of spit out on a machine in the far east.

You're also buying from a vendor that supports the Buick community and not in it to make a buck and vanish in the night when the market dries up.

And again, just to clarfiy, if the guy wants to become a vendor, he can sell whatever he wants here. I dont care where the headers come from, my only motivation is protecting the integrity of this forum when it comes to our advertisers.

I dont think the others are making an 8000% markup on their headers. I'd guesstimate that TA makes MAYBE $200 a set on theirs. For a $1000 set of headers, that's an okay return. About what ATR used to discount them to dealers.

I'll probably get in trouble with someone for this but screw it, I dont care. Those Ebay headers cost $90 a set from the manufacturer before you pay shipping from China and whatever taxes there are to get them in the US. Im not pulling that number out of the air, either. That is the cost.

So when you're bidding on those headers, keep in mind that they cost $90 a set and the person selling them is probably making about the same amount of profit that the person selling you $1000 set of headers is making, only with the $1000 set, you get a product made in the USA and usually something handbuilt instead of spit out on a machine in the far east.

You're also buying from a vendor that supports the Buick community and not in it to make a buck and vanish in the night when the market dries up.

And again, just to clarfiy, if the guy wants to become a vendor, he can sell whatever he wants here. I dont care where the headers come from, my only motivation is protecting the integrity of this forum when it comes to our advertisers.

i like that post Jay...

Great info guys but that leaves me 1 final question. If i inquire about these Headers from a CONSUMER & they post where they purchased them & how much they cost will it be sensored??

If i need an engine built & a guy recommends RPE..... sorry not a supporting vendor!.... Sensored

Need a chip..... try Red Armstrong. Oooops WRONG answer..sensored... not a supporting vendor.

I'm just looking for some unsensored feedback on these headers. Anyone??

Feedback is fine. Posting links to your own auctions is not.

Whats so hard about this?

>> So in short, You can blast these guys by saying it cost X amount dollars to make, so there maxing X in profit. Because they are not a "paying vendor"?

I supported many vendors thru the years that I paid "TOP DOLLAR" for parts & that made a buck & supported the "Community" that vanished when it got slow. So whats your point?

It's your bat & ball, play with who you like, But jeez, don't delete posts unless it rated R or X, not cause " YOU don't like it"

Man.. you guys are either blind or hard headed. This will be my last post on this subject.

I DONT CARE IF THE GUY MAKES A DOLLAR OR A THOUSAND DOLLARS ON WHATEVER HE'S SELLING. I DONT CARE WHERE THE PART COMES FROM, I DONT CARE IF ITS A COPY OF SOMETHING SOMEONE ELSE SELLS. IF HE WANTS TO SELL HIS PARTS HERE, HE WILL PAY TO BE AN ADVERTISER, OTHERWISE, YES, HIS POSTS WILL BE DELETED. WHAT YOU CALL "DELETING BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT" IS WHAT I CALL PROTECTING THE VENDORS THAT PAY THE BILLS HERE SO THAT WE ARENT STANDING AROUND ASKING FOR DONATIONS, ETC TO PAY THE HOSTING BILLS, ETC.

Is that simple enough?

Why not lock the thread, but dont make things vanish like before. Otherwise, your no better that the previous owners/mods. Nothing should vanish into thin air! Just lock them down if the person doesn't play by the rules.
Altho, your board so just do what you think is best?

All those threads are still there, the only thing removed was the going back and forth between people in one of those threads. No thread was deleted. I don't understand the constant comparisions. We are enforcing 1 rule here, if you are promoting a product you have to pay vendor fees. Why is that so hard to deal with. People pulling these antics are trying to out smart us and the consumer by getting over for free. Why are we the bad guys and they are profiting:frown:

Man.. you guys are either blind or hard headed. This will be my last post on this subject.

I DONT CARE IF THE GUY MAKES A DOLLAR OR A THOUSAND DOLLARS ON WHATEVER HE'S SELLING. I DONT CARE WHERE THE PART COMES FROM, I DONT CARE IF ITS A COPY OF SOMETHING SOMEONE ELSE SELLS. IF HE WANTS TO SELL HIS PARTS HERE, HE WILL PAY TO BE AN ADVERTISER, OTHERWISE, YES, HIS POSTS WILL BE DELETED. WHAT YOU CALL "DELETING BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT" IS WHAT I CALL PROTECTING THE VENDORS THAT PAY THE BILLS HERE SO THAT WE ARENT STANDING AROUND ASKING FOR DONATIONS, ETC TO PAY THE HOSTING BILLS, ETC.

Is that simple enough?

I guess I'm both.
But you answered my question perfect. This is a "Vendor protected board". Cause their the one paying the bills.