You can type here any text you want

Old FAST or new XFI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V8killR4U

Im considering replacing my modified stock computer with a older FAST unit or the new XFI unit. I just want a good Pc that is user friendly. Just looking for something to prevent detonation. Will the old fast work just fine or is the new XFI the way to go or even a BS3 unit?

It all depends on what you want to spend. Just remember , cranking fuel, cold start, after start enrichment, iac settings all have to be set and tinkered with with ANY aftermarket ecu. Which requires patience and time to get it right. Do not be suprised if it wont start, flood, or stall cold or warm, be too rich, lean etc at first.

Well, I am also in Lansing and can help you out with either an old FAST (have one for sale from a buddy) or an XFI system. I can also talk with you about an Accel DFI system. PM me and we can talk more about this if you would like. I have worked in the engineering dept. at FAST and DFI and would be happy to help you out.

norbs said:
It all depends on what you want to spend. Just remember , cranking fuel, cold start, after start enrichment, iac settings all have to be set and tinkered with with ANY aftermarket ecu. Which requires patience and time to get it right. Do not be suprised if it wont start, flood, or stall cold or warm, be too rich, lean etc at first.

Ditto ---

But the control you will have is well worth the transition headache. I can't speak between the two, but I have the XFI on my TType and it is pretty good. I have an AEM EMS on my Eclipse and it is over kill, the great thing about the FAST is it is intuitive and in a sense bare bones.

Craig Smith said:
Well, I am also in Lansing and can help you out with either an old FAST (have one for sale from a buddy) or an XFI system. I can also talk with you about an Accel DFI system. PM me and we can talk more about this if you would like. I have worked in the engineering dept. at FAST and DFI and would be happy to help you out.

PM sent

Back