You can type here any text you want

Omg!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
I called ARP and talked to some retard on the phone that had no clue as to what studs I needed or even was listening to what I wanted.

I need someone to give me all the info I need to order these studs.

This is what I have:

7/16 stud- Allen headed

14TPI

4) 4.5
4) 3.5
8) 2.375

Anything else I should know before calling back?

If your using studs you will have to modify your headers. I welded tubes on the bottom bolt holes and notch them to clear nuts on bottom head studs. I also used ARP 12 point nuts for a little extra clearance.

I just got off the phone with retard #2! I am at a loss for words.... I asked for the name of the old guy that works there and knows about GNs and turbo trans ams and he said Ron.

I will call in the morning I guess. I am so pissed off right now I could reach through the phone and.... :mad:

I read were someone got by without modding the headers by not using the washers supplied.

I just got off the phone with retard #2! I am at a loss for words.... I asked for the name of the old guy that works there and knows about GNs and turbo trans ams and he said Ron.

I will call in the morning I guess. I am so pissed off right now I could reach through the phone and.... :mad:

I read were someone got by without modding the headers by not using the washers supplied.

If you use ARP studs then yes you can get away without modifying the headers by not using the washers, not sure if the same applies when using studs ....

Using studs you might have a clearance problem (firewall) if you like to remove the heads while the engine is still in the car but not sure about this just something I remember reading at some point.

I use ARP bolts on mine and had to modify my headers (grind a notch) as I'm using the washers as well. Worked fine.

I just went through this like 3 weeks ago i talked to ron and the studs they have give are to tall on the exhaust side of the header and have to be cut there are posts adressing this i was rather pissed i had to cut new studs any how ill check the numbers tonight if i still have them what ever they gave me needed to .5" shorter on the exhaust side

Thanks guys. Tom at Champion had a pair at his shop, so I bought those. Go ahead and list those numbers for future reference tho.

Back