You can type here any text you want

On-center vs Off-center HP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnxtc2

Staff member
Does anyone know how much HP difference a on-center block vs off-center block can take? I know the on-center could take more due to rod design. Just curious on what a off-center could withstand.

Or the HP determined by the rod.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Hmm... I'll take a shot and say 1250 from an offcenter, and 1600 from an oncenter, both being properly built and tuned. Seems like the high hp stage 2 poered cars are usually oncenters.:)

My old Off Center made in the range of 1200 with no problems. I dont know if anyone has actually ever broken one just because it was an on or off center??????

stage engines

well spoken billy, what happened to [fat nat[ jeffs car the last run he made? i enjoyed talking to you and jeff, his hood really went up in the air, :) oc,

I think the off center is maybe just a bit harder on rod bearings, but if you stay on top of that they probably handle about the same power?

TurboTR

on c vs offc

fat nat, did the horses talk to you? i have a new one born the 25 th, black/white paint/ quarter horse now i have got to come up with a name for the little sucker. :)

Re: on c vs offc

Originally posted by odell4o8
fat nat, did the horses talk to you? i have a new one born the 25 th, black/white paint/ quarter horse now i have got to come up with a name for the little sucker. :)

Not to hijack the thread but I had a good time speaking with you in the pits, I cant count on 5 hands how many times I heard "This was way back before you guys were born..." I sure hope I can stay in the game as long as you have! Remember to feed those horses right!
OC, did you happen to notice that when Jeff smiles......he sorta looks like a horse!!!!!!:D

Are the on-center blocks also available from TA Performance in the new aluminum format? Does anyone know if the same rod bearing weakness also applies to these new TA blocks?

TA can make you whatever you want. I doubt they went into this and didn't make revisions to help with that.:)

Back