You can type here any text you want

One of a kind...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNeric

A customer who happened to see my car out in the lot at work proceeded to tell his buddy about the Regal SuperSport GT that was sitting outside. Came with the largest supercharger GM ever made and they put out 500hp from the factory and that ASC did the special black paint job for GM. Also that Corvette fired the head of Buick for making a car that was faster than the Vette. :confused:

I talked to the service writer about the car I was fixing and just walked away. I didn't even try and set that one straight. :rolleyes:

OH BOY!!!

i also heard that the gn project cancelled due to drop in corvette sales. buick was to go back and concentrate on making cars for older aged people. the head of buick removed. never heard it was true or not which kinda makes it all hear say

A customer who happened to see my car out in the lot at work proceeded to tell his buddy about the Regal SuperSport GT that was sitting outside. Came with the largest supercharger GM ever made and they put out 500hp from the factory and that ASC did the special black paint job for GM. Also that Corvette fired the head of Buick for making a car that was faster than the Vette. :confused:

I talked to the service writer about the car I was fixing and just walked away. I didn't even try and set that one straight. :rolleyes:

OH BOY!!!

Haha the best ones are the people that know a little bit about TB's... Enough to throw out names of vendors, parts, models...etc. But have NO clue what they are talking about!! Here is a quote from good old YouTube...

"a ttype does not have the same rear end as a gn ! and only the 87 turbo t was like 2 tenths faster than a gn and they were all black with a little t were the grand national emblem was !!! and they were really rare ! my dad has a 2 87 buick grand nationals .so i would know"

YEP, you sure do know buddy!:mad:

Regal SuperSport GT LOL!!!!!!!!

Gotta give it to him for creativity...what an imagination on this kid :rolleyes:

Actually, this guy is about 63 or so and "used to work on cars for a living" so I guess he must have quit when he was in his mid 20 from not making any money. :eek: I don't know if it was creativity or stupidity but I usually try and find out about a car before bragging about it. :D

Regal SuperSport GT LOL!!!!!!!!

Gotta give it to him for creativity...what an imagination on this kid :rolleyes:

Exactly. I think he saw my front plate and just spouted off some random crap right after his alleged "brain" shorted out. This is a guy who will ask for a Bendix when his old 83 Toyota Pickup won't start. I said "starter drive?" I even told him at one time that Bendix is a name, like Kleenex. The name Bendix is even on brake shoes...

Haha the best ones are the people that know a little bit about TB's... Enough to throw out names of vendors, parts, models...etc. But have NO clue what they are talking about!! Here is a quote from good old YouTube...

"a ttype does not have the same rear end as a gn ! and only the 87 turbo t was like 2 tenths faster than a gn and they were all black with a little t were the grand national emblem was !!! and they were really rare ! my dad has a 2 87 buick grand nationals .so i would know"

YEP, you sure do know buddy!:mad:

Over the years I've read a lot of magazines and books with conflicting information. I'm just saying that sometimes people believe in too much what they read or see on TV as being the truth. Ignorant people (not as an insult, but as a description) saying ignorant things doesn't mean that they are making things up. They might just be believing what they have been told by knowledgeable (or so they thought) "experts" about subjects that they have little understanding in. There are those pricks out there that think they know everything about everything, but most of the time, you should give people benefit of the doubt.

I must be insane to post this...

Actually, this guy is about 63 or so and "used to work on cars for a living" so I guess he must have quit when he was in his mid 20 from not making any money. :eek: I don't know if it was creativity or stupidity but I usually try and find out about a car before bragging about it. :D

Whoa, I stand corrected...I had the picture in my head of a young guy, I guess from the combination of eagerness and dumba**ness :biggrin:

I had an acquiantance who would insist his 84 CRX would kick my 92 Pontiac's butt off the line just because it weighted 700 pounds (he didnt see the Kg part lol!) and had a 78 hp 4 cylinder (claimed it was a 200hp SI engine, pops the hood, there's a dinky 1.5L 4 cyl with a 1bbl carb.....)

LOL, Sounds like my neighbor with his rusted out primer bumpers 54hp 90's Civic that has a 7" exhaust tip which in his eyes makes it a race car! :confused: I usually wouldn't get mad at people like this... Its just funny... But this damn car is so LOUD he wakes my baby up from her nap almost every day.:mad: I'm about ready to tell him I will buy a frickin muffler for his s*** box!

Back