You can type here any text you want

Only 5lb boost, erratic idle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
With the vacuum hose off, set the pressure for 42 pounds. When you replace the vacuum connection, it should be around 38 pounds.l Chip-makers normally have prescribed settings, but with 50's, this is a good place to start.

Cat is stock; bolted at back and clamped on front, so I'll have fun getting it off the clamped portion I bet. I will adjust Iac and Tps before I do anything there.

Sorry to give you more to do, but you should consider taking the IAC out and cleaning inside the throttlebody. Use carb cleaner and q-tips. Keep swabbing out until the q-tips are clean. Be careful when you remove the IAC and you should be able to re-use the gasket. Don't overtighten. If it's dirty in there, it can affect car idle too.

I figured on doing that as well, thanks for the information and suggestions. The actual work may have to wait a week or so since my back is killing me right now . :)

Adjust TPS to .44 at idle.

Dont touch the IAC settings.. see if they clear up.

Anything higher than .48 and the ecm thinks your foot is on the throttle... and will screw up your idle.

Razor said:
Adjust TPS to .44 at idle.

Dont touch the IAC settings.. see if they clear up.

Anything higher than .48 and the ecm thinks your foot is on the throttle... and will screw up your idle.

Mine is set at .46 should I bump it down???

Back