You can type here any text you want

Only Hybrid at Midwest Buick Event.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UR50SLO

The Reaper
I was hoping a few Hybrids would attend the Midwest event yesterday but I was the only one there. :(

I made a few more shakedown runs with the Camaro. It went 11.21@121mph on BP 93oct. with 17psi with a 1.71 60'. The AFR's are 11.0-10.8's through the pass with 18deg of timing.

The transmission and converter were in a stage 2 car from FL. I'm having trouble with the stall. It'd be ok with more CID and power down low. I hate to have it re-stalled but it's only foot breaking at 2200rpm. I love how tight it is but it takes awhile for my little motor to bring it up. I'm going to put some more timing in the motor and see if it helps. Any other tips?:confused:

Hoping to see more Hybrids at the next event!
~Scott

ragged out cherokee

Hi,
On my vacation, I made the mistake of picking up a loaded Cherokee. When I say loaded, I mean it in a funny sort of way. This truck is really something,totally out of the groove. It has a fully functional GN drivetrain, with a couple of wierd things to help it out. A GM engineer built it,and he did it right. But then, apparently, he passed on, and the person who inherited the vehicle used it as a daily driver,in Michigan weather,and the truck rotted promptly.
So, by the time I was able to rescue the truck,it was in horrible shape.ALL the body panels,AND the floor pan, are shot. The drivetrain, however, is 110%. Given the wonderful engineering that went into this vehicle however,I am having a hard time just parting the thing out. You should see the work that went into it! I feel like the dead engineer's holder of legacy,so to speak. I have considered getting a fresh Texas Cherokee, and swapping parts, but frankly I don't have that kind of time right now. It would be a major undertaking.
Is anyone interested in such a project? I would let the vehicle go for a reasonable amount,but will not GIVE it away.I will put it on the back shelf, rather than let it go to the wrong person. This is definitely a one of a kind thing. I bought it because I believe in turbo Buicks, and I think the vehicle is the answer to such badboys as the GMC Typhoon. I couldn't afford one, so I bought this vehicle. By the way, it screams! It will light the tires in 3 gears, if you get nuts.Also, it has a 7004r trans(adaptor plate was built for it)and stock JEEP axles.I drove this vehicle 1400miles, ran great all the way.u want more info, you can call me. Thanks for listening!
Dale

Never heard of this one before... Sounds interesting.

Post up some pictures here in the Hybrid section. You might find that rigth person for the project!

Sounds like something that needs to be saved!
~Scott!

I stopped my and checked our your car.

Awesome job!

I love the way you did the intercooler pipes integrated into the rad support.

It was just too far for me to drive my hybrid.

Thanks... It was fun doing it. I had help from several buddys and evenings full of beer and fun. Thanks again to Chris,Paul and everyone who had a hand in putting it together. Paul,Chris and I put the car together when it was Pauls. We did the Chassis work several years ago. The body has some garage wounds that I'll address this winter along with sending all the headers/downpipe to Jet-Hot. I've got the windshield wiper system to finish installing again and several other factory options that were disabled at one time. Still alot of tuning to do. 80% of all the parts on my car are used from this board!!!!!
~Scott

I did not get a chance to talk to you so here are a couple questions....

Looks like GN1 heads not the TTA heads??

Custom headers?

If you used the buick heads, how did you get everything to fit as the F body Trans Am had different heads to clear the strut towers?

thanks

Wish I'd had a chance to talk to you Bob.... I'll be around alot more next year!

The "strut tower" clearance problem is a myth. or wife's tale.

If you use GN frame pads and engine mounts (HR parts would be best) and stock GN headers you'll be able to fit it fine in any 82-92 F-body. They used the FWD heads on the TTA's to clear the A/C box. If you wanted to use the GN heads instead of TTa's you'd need to re-fiberglass that part of the A/C box to clear. That's all. ;)

I used a stock header on the pass. side (twisted the turbo mounting pad) and used a Hooker header on the drivers side. I made my own pipe to connect the two. (crossover pipe). I did this since the stock Drivers side header cracks every time. This tells me there is a restriction here and flow problem. The Hooker header for that side is a 3into one style that flows nice.

All the intercooler pipes come apart very quickly as does the 4" inlet pipe. It all comes apart in minutes. The downpipe is easy to work around as well. You can get to the plugs under it with a ratchet and 5/8 socket. The valve covers come off with out taking anything else apart. I try to design everything to be easy to work on as well as functional.

The Trans cooler is above the rear end with it's own 10" fan. The oil cooler lines run over to the pass. side fender where there is another 10" fan/cooler assembly. They are all setup in switches inside the center console. (all run off relays) The only two things in the front of the car is the intercooler and radiator.
I run a 9" Ford rear end with 3:50 gears and detroit locker/35spline axels Nodular center section. I got the used transmission/converter here on Turbo buick TH400 with transbrake. Converter is a bit tight for my stock block but it'll work fine when I go to the stage engine.
I think this is the first time I've seen your Porsche. Where's the thread on your buildup? Love to see it!!
~Scott~

Scott,

Thanks for the info. I used the Buick heads too. I like your ideas on using the hooker on the drivers side too.

I really don't have a good write up here but I will try to find something to send you, it was written up in the last chicagoland club newsletter.

My car is nowhere near as clean as yours!

I'd love to have you send some pictures! I have a porsche here that I'm doing a restoration on. It's just body/paint. I think it's a 924... (not a expert on these cars) This one has a 4cyl in it. Non turbo.
Had not looked at the engine bay with the "eyes" of a swap before so It'd be interesting to see how it's done.
Cool!
Scott~
UR50SLO@aol.com to send mail/pictures.

Hi,
On my vacation, I made the mistake of picking up a loaded Cherokee. When I say loaded, I mean it in a funny sort of way. This truck is really something,totally out of the groove. It has a fully functional GN drivetrain, with a couple of wierd things to help it out. A GM engineer built it,and he did it right. But then, apparently, he passed on, and the person who inherited the vehicle used it as a daily driver,in Michigan weather,and the truck rotted promptly.
So, by the time I was able to rescue the truck,it was in horrible shape.ALL the body panels,AND the floor pan, are shot. The drivetrain, however, is 110%. Given the wonderful engineering that went into this vehicle however,I am having a hard time just parting the thing out. You should see the work that went into it! I feel like the dead engineer's holder of legacy,so to speak. I have considered getting a fresh Texas Cherokee, and swapping parts, but frankly I don't have that kind of time right now. It would be a major undertaking.
Is anyone interested in such a project? I would let the vehicle go for a reasonable amount,but will not GIVE it away.I will put it on the back shelf, rather than let it go to the wrong person. This is definitely a one of a kind thing. I bought it because I believe in turbo Buicks, and I think the vehicle is the answer to such badboys as the GMC Typhoon. I couldn't afford one, so I bought this vehicle. By the way, it screams! It will light the tires in 3 gears, if you get nuts.Also, it has a 7004r trans(adaptor plate was built for it)and stock JEEP axles.I drove this vehicle 1400miles, ran great all the way.u want more info, you can call me. Thanks for listening!
Dale

So YOU'RE the guy that bought that blue Jeep from e-bay. I was watching that to see how much people for pay for that rusted out thing.
:eek: It would be pretty cool though if it wasn't so rotted.

Back