You can type here any text you want

Opinions on rear suspension/traction upgrades

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toddbroussardco

To start, I am the fifth owner of my 87GN.... The previous owner has done extensive mods. to the car, not to include the suspension... He said that was next on his list.. The car is making 450 rear wheel h.p. as shown on the dyno sheet he provided, and 550 at the fly wheel. I have since changed the stock intercooler and injectors. Should have picked up some h.p. with the mods.. I ran the car three times at the track a few weeks ago.I am running 275 x 40 x 17 Mickey Thompson drag/street radials. My three 60 ft. times were not good. I left on app. 5 lbs. of boost to get used to the launch. The times were from 1.8 to 2.8.... The 2.8 run ,I spun through the 60 ft. trap...She still ran a 12.3 @ 119.40... Ok, what's the general concensus on lower arms and a sway bar combo??? Which company have you guys been happy with????... I am waiting on the responses to call in my order.. :cool: Thanks,Todd

IMHO.... if you are serious about bettering your 60' time..... loose the 17" wheels. There is not enough sidewall to absorb the shock the torque puts to the tires..... get some 275/60/15 MT Drag Radials on a set of light wheels... like pro stars or SuperLite's. These cars will 60' decent with relatively few modifications.

If you have the $$ ... it is hard to go wrong with HR Parts anti-roll bar or their boxed upper and lower rear control arms....

With these mods alone... on a decent track.... you should go sub 1.60 60' time easy.....

HTH

Oh.... if that thing made 450 RWHP with the stock intercooler... and stock injectors..... it should be an animal with a few mods..... 450 RWHP seems too much with only the stock injectors to be honest.... not safe for sure..... IMHO ... it would take a but load of alky... and maxed out stock injectors to even have a shot at that....

Todd,

We recommend the HR parts bar also, along with some Metco upper adjustable and lower control arms. What do you have for shocks? Also, as mentioned a good pair of tires and rims are needed. This is only part of the solution, you will still need to set up your suspension, pinion angle as well as other areas may require some minor adjustments. Give me a call at the shop today, I have everything you need in stock. I'll be happy to go over the adjustments and any other details you may need.

IMHO.... if you are serious about bettering your 60' time..... loose the 17" wheels. There is not enough sidewall to absorb the shock the torque puts to the tires..... get some 275/60/15 MT Drag Radials on a set of light wheels... like pro stars or SuperLite's. These cars will 60' decent with relatively few modifications.

If you have the $$ ... it is hard to go wrong with HR Parts anti-roll bar or their boxed upper and lower rear control arms....

With these mods alone... on a decent track.... you should go sub 1.60 60' time easy.....

HTH

Oh.... if that thing made 450 RWHP with the stock intercooler... and stock injectors..... it should be an animal with a few mods..... 450 RWHP seems too much with only the stock injectors to be honest.... not safe for sure..... IMHO ... it would take a but load of alky... and maxed out stock injectors to even have a shot at that....

He meant to say stock IC and 009's. We put a PTE stretch IC and some 60# inj. I was suprised with his dyno results also when we looked at them when he got the car a few weeks ago. His boost shot up about 4 psi just putting the new IC on with no wastegate adjustment:eek: I knew that stock IC was killing his airflow. His car feels very strong but like he says we need some parts to put the power to the pavement and he needs some more seat time.;)

Yo Ed........... Appreciate the clarification with the injectors...Wuz out of town today....Liquid nail!!!!!!! Wuz up with that....Todd

Hey Jack......Thanks for the info... I need to check what shocks are on the car... I am thinking while I am upgrading the other items, what is ur opinion on shocks for rear and front??? To compliment the arms and sway bar....I am out of town early in the morning and get back late, so I will try to call u in a few days. U can still respond via the email/posts,it shows up on my cell.....Thanks,Todd

but I'm fading fast..... the 1 hotdog I threw in the micro for lunch.... ain't makin it...

You forgot the color of the valve stems on your tires:eek:

I dont know that much info about my wife!!!:D

Sorry Ed..........Just went down the list and could not stop......If nothing else it looks good.LOL.....Should be no more questions bout what the car has...Oh yeah, i am telling ur wife what u said.......Lisa said she just got her stems colored today,no more gray...Thats quoting her...

Back