opinions on RPO stickers

diomedes

So Ive been planning out the restore on my Grand National, Ive got suspension mods, brake mods, and security (still working on) hashed out.

Next Im planning out is the body. The bad is this car was located in Michigan for half of its life. The trunk lid, rocker panels and Doors are pretty well rusted. Luckily I found a straight, rust free 83 Regal at a local junk yard and got all these parts for less than $180. Wahoo!!! All rust will be replaced with new sheet metal.
My dilema comes with the RPO stickers, these were very important to me when making my purchasing decision and I imagine to anyone else who may want to purchase it in the future (hopefully it never gets to that). Now what to do?
Just take off the doors and trunk and store them so I have the stickers? Can you replicate the stickers and maybe put them on the new doors?

photo

I would take some photos of the stickers, then print out and keep with your documentation. The trunk sticker has the VIN on it so you couldn't swap stickers. You could also cut out those sections of sheet metal just for the stickers if the parts are going to the scrap yard.

Great info guys, just what I needed. Slowly Im hashing out the game plan and am excited about executing it.

Anyone know how to get a reproduction RPO trunk tag without the original tag? I have all the correct RPO codes for my car obtained by giving VIN to a GM dealership just gotta have a sticker printed with the codes. Apparently the link referred to above doesn't provide this service anymore. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I have a verbal agreement with a company that is fully GM licensed to make these stickers labels etc 100% dead on correct to original. I should have everything in place in a few weeks after the holidays..

This is the real deal. Key being fully GM licensed and results are 100% exactly like originals. I currently have them making me a copy of my two door stickers, and window sticker so I can compare as my car is 100% original meaning the body and paint etc...turns out the owner of the company bought GTO parts from me 20 plus years ago and remembered me. This gives me a edge...

I have no further details until after the holidays.....or pricing....I expect to be able to do this across the board for all the G body cars

denniskirban@yahoo.com

As any Turbo owner knows having all the correct stickers are important as in many cases the two on the drivers door jamb can look tacky after a few years or a repaint or in some cases if you are replacing the door.

I have a verbal agreement with a company that is fully GM licensed to make these stickers labels etc 100% dead on correct to original. I should have everything in place in a few weeks after the holidays..

This is the real deal. Key being fully GM licensed and results are 100% exactly like originals. I currently have them making me a copy of my two door stickers, and window sticker so I can compare as my car is 100% original meaning the body and paint etc...turns out the owner of the company bought GTO parts from me 20 plus years ago and remembered me. This gives me a edge...

I have no further details until after the holidays.....or pricing....I expect to be able to do this across the board for all the G body cars

denniskirban@yahoo.com

As any Turbo owner knows having all the correct stickers are important as in many cases the two on the drivers door jamb can look tacky after a few years or a repaint or in some cases if you are replacing the door.
Awesome!! Let me know as soon as you get things finalized, i will be the first to order one of these. Sounds sweet!

Awesome!! Let me know as soon as you get things finalized, i will be the first to order one of these. Sounds sweet!

Same here! I will definitely be a customer for the door stickers. My driver's door was replaced years ago and I have always wanted the proper NADER stickers. Let us know ASAP!

Have you contacted them for this info?
Site shows discounts for certified collision companies. It does not say that they do not sell to the general public.

Have you contacted them for this info?
Site shows discounts for certified collision companies. It does not say that they do not sell to the general public.
I believe they also need pics of the original tags to make reproductions of them. They wont make one for you if you dont habe originals.

Again, have you called them to confirm this or is this speculation? Speculation does not help.

If proof of ownership is necessary (I hope it's required), an owner can easily provide proof.
Further, an owner can also source necessary info from GM regarding invoice, dealership sold from, and all of the GM archive documents.

Again, have you called them to confirm this or is this speculation? Speculation does not help.

If proof of ownership is necessary (I hope it's required), an owner can easily provide proof.
Further, an owner can also source necessary info from GM regarding invoice, dealership sold from, and all of the GM archive documents.
This is what i have been repeatedly told by other members on this board after contacting others with the same issue. But i will try and call for the hell of it after the holidays. Hoping Dennis gets his reproductions up and running as well. Like giving our sponsors the business.

I found these guys about a year and half back to try and get a new door sticker. I did contact them and was told that I needed a picture of the door sticker (Which I obviously did not have). That was the only way they would help me out despite my documentation (RPO tag pictures, build sheet, police letter, etc.)

I have heard anecdotally (threads on this forum and other G Body forums) that a body repair shop can get one without the picture proof, but to your point, I do not have confirmation of that.

I just saw this post....I bought a new rpo trunk sticker from ecs buuut its not an exact match! My original is longer and a tad wider than the remade one...whyyyy??? Can u maybe help me with what could have happened...?? Thanks!

Attachments

• CF78BDE3-9AF9-40BC-95C7-C35A188F6A06.jpeg
    CF78BDE3-9AF9-40BC-95C7-C35A188F6A06.jpeg
    946.9 KB · Views: 40
I was just getting ready to order one, along with the door jam stickers, but now have reservations. problem is, is ECS the only GM licensed vendor authorized to reproduce all these important VIN-related decals for GM older vehicles ??? And, if so, can they produce the RPO Sticker to the exacting measurements of the old sticker on our GN's ?