You can type here any text you want

opinions on this VE table

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

pacecarta

LOGGED OUT
Staff member
anyone want to give an opinion on this 3D VE table from a B2B that has razor alky single nozzle but had race gas in the tank and timing table and af table suggest it was "tuned" for race gas , cant get a straight answer on what it put down as there was no printout provided with the receipt but a follow up call said 500??? , was sold as a 9 second car with a tune by a noted buick shop on the east coast and even if i believed the previous owner messed it up it was suggested to the new owner that the car be sent back to the shop and checked out to be ready for racing and it was put on a dyno (so says the receipt) .. all done before the owner ever saw the car ...but the table to me says someone got took.
the dual fans didnt even function properly so the new owner wouldnt have gone too far as the coolant gauge didnt work and fans wouldnt have turned on until 224degrees

all i can say is .. WOW (shaking my head in confusion)

Attachments

• fup ve table.jpg
    fup ve table.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 365
Wow!! Odd looking. I don't run an aftermarket ECM, but here's my stuff. 20 psi street tune.

Ouch, resizing it sure turned out crappy.

Attachments

• 3d VE.jpg
    3d VE.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 365
here the Ve 2d table

Attachments

• fup ve chart.jpg
    fup ve chart.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 366
I would say its pretty much a mess...but I'm no guru that's for sure....

Its pretty scraggly looking, for sure.

But, most cars only use a handful of cells. If those cells are 'right' the rest don't matter as much.

But it does look like the VE table may have been used to compensate for other things that were not adjusted right.

As far as the fan, unless there is a switch in the car or the fan is wired to run all the time, the tuner should not have let it leave his shop that way.

How is the driveability, cold start, idle, etc...

Bob

it was terrible
so bad i just threw my 109 alky tune into which has safer af and timing and since his is a 109 stroker i tweaked to compensate for the additional cubes and increased the upper ve since i use a lot of alky , it still needs a step by step tune on the track to verify and refine the ve
once my modified tune was in i refined the startup iac and tweaked the idle ve and its starts fine now and idles like a kitten and you can drop it into gear right after start and drive , before it was so overly enriched it would be 9s af and fall on its face at any movement of the throttle
the old gct had warm idle at over 1200rpm , screaming at cold startup over 1600rpm not just a flare but programmed rpm vs coolant numbers

if you like ill forward you a copy of the gct

The scaling on that ve table is joke. Not even close to taking advantage of the potential. What injector?

Its pretty scraggly looking, for sure.

But, most cars only use a handful of cells.
On an xfi you can easily re-scale both axis and use much more cells which is what should be done if you want to have a high resolution data log and see more accurately whats going on here. The rpm starts at zero :rolleyes:. Yeah the engine spends a lot of time in that cell :rolleyes:. 314KPA :rolleyes::rolleyes:. Wishful thinking there too.

''IF" this tune was done by a shop they should be closed immediately!there is no excuse for that mess.good luck with the car pauly.I'm sure you will do a much better job.talk to ya soon.

Nick,

That 3d table looks like hell yikes and the rpm scale on the second table is jacked too how does having numbers at 0rpm even make any sense???

I could post pics of a good running table with proper scaling if its ok with the man who helped me with it...and taught me how to understand it...maybe hell chime in...

-Dan

, keep in mind fast classic doesnt allow simple x/y axis changes as XFI has to scale the tables but it does allow for cell rpm selection of 400/450/500 rpm to allow more rpm programming
heres my 3D as i worked up to and run times in sig with 93oct +dual nozzle razor alky and still undr 25 psi with irons and 234 cubes 83# inj

Attachments

• my 3d.jpg
    my 3d.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 229
you're looking for this
s0105150_sc7

there isnt one ..you have to work your combo an see where it needs to be

you're looking for this
s0105150_sc7

there isnt one ..you have to work your combo an see where it needs to be

Ok so now I don't understand..

You come on here looking for help but when someone asks about your VE table you give a sarcastic reply??..

What if someone replied to your post with that reply? Would that be helpful?

i didnt come here looking for help, dont know where you got that i needed help
i came here to show what a friend received from a supposed dyno tune and see how others who play think of it

i didnt post my 3d for fixing more so to show that the table should transition smoothly

you on the other hand asked for a 2d table of my 3d ?
my table was for my converter and setup and my alky output based on other factors
giving you the 2d wouldnt be any help to you or make it any easier to see , besides it that would circumvent the learning curve of your project

Back