You can type here any text you want

Opinions on using a NOS part

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Venus

I recently acquired a couple NOS oil filters for our cars, they have some slight surface rust in them but seem to be overall in good condition, any opinions or experience in using one of these filters in a normal daily driven stock GN? I'm on the fence about using them.....

Save them for collection and get a wix. It will be worth more for both your engine and the guys that collect things like that.

I wouldn't run them unless I was going to a car show where the judges would know the difference. I'd spin it on for the show and spin it off once I unloaded it off the trailer back at home. And I'd run a nice shiny Baldwin in between shows. :)

Cut the filter open by slitting down one side, keeping the shell and top in original condition. Then slide it over your aftermarket filter when you're showing the car, keeping the cut slot hidden under the filter, and go for originality points. Otherwise, keep it for the next generation owner.

Car show guys do this with the original Delco battery, gutting the insides, and slipping it over the aftermarket battery - sort of a "dummy" showpiece. Unless you looked closely, you wouldn't notice it.

I once saw a show car street rod that had a 6-71 blower mounted to the top of the engine, but it was only for looks. The drive belt was functional, but inside, under the blower shell was a standard Holly 4 barrel carb, completely hidden by the blower. Looked cool, but you could tell by the sound that the blower was not blowing.

I wouldn't run them unless I was going to a car show where the judges would know the difference. I'd spin it on for the show and spin it off once I unloaded it off the trailer back at home. And I'd run a nice shiny Baldwin in between shows. :)

X2.

The RJC big oil filter adapter and a Baldwin B9. No tiny filters.

Yea it's kind of a pain to crawl under car and change the filters at a show. I like GNVenoms idea but i'd have to look at the filter as I run a PF52. I just wonder if judges at the BPG event in norwalk would even notice?

Back