Opinions please.

MENTL231

Long story short. I am installing some c clip eliminators on my brother in laws 86 gn. I get everything apart. Line up the diagram that they gave me, and drilled the holes. At this point, i tried lining up the bearing with the housing before pressing it on the axle. The bearing was hitting the top of the axle tube. After some time on the phone with the supplying company, we discovered the bearing diagram was incorrect. Now the ends on my rear are drilled incorrectly. In your opinion, what should the company do to make this right. At first, they offered to send me a new end and i would have to have it welded on. They then said, they would pay to ship the rear to them after i removed it from the car. They would put a new end on it, install new eliminators, with 33 spline axles and a new spool. Only if i purchase their spool and axles for $575. I'm torn. what should i do? What should they do? I'll keep their name private for now.

If they are a well known company and you want axles and a spool then send it to them...If not then see if you can send it to them and have them do just the work you want...or of its bobs rearends then just take the parts and get it fixed by someone that knows what they are doing locally

They are in fact, a very well known company. My thoughts were. To send me an new end, compensate me for the installation of the new end. And maybe a set of axle's for the bull****. Is that too much to ask? Time is also a concern. I have a lift tied up with the car now so it needs to get done fast.

Sooo, after a long conversation with this company. I requested as it states above. They said, there was no chance they would send me axles. They said, all they would do is send me two used ends, and what they charge to install ends. Which is a check for $125.00 dollars. I'm very dissapointed with this company. They clearly admitted to printing an incorrect template. And now i need to cut the end off and grind down the welds, clean the surface and align this new end, weld it and now make my own, correct template, drill the holes again, and finish assembly. After they send the new ends. :eek:

The name of this company is the very well known MOSER ENGINEERING

Pretty pathetic customer service.

They cost me about 4+ hours of extra work. Not including the time if took to figure out what went wrong in the first place. And the time on the phone. All said and done, i'll have a whole day down the drain. Thanks, MOSER, i truly appreciate it. Next time, i'll call Strange.

I've been hearing lots of problems with Moser. Mainly with the cheap Chinese parts they're using, Bearings, Seals etc...:frown: