You can type here any text you want

Options to raise rear 1-2"?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNRick

Retired member
Rear sags a bit. Don't know if its from the subwoofers or worn springs. Do I need coil overs? Ride Tech looks a bit pricey. How about QA1 or Hotchkis? Would also like a smooth ride and simple installation. Not into autocrossing. Thanks.

Acouple airbags $90 plus it help with launches .

I've used airbags before. Always seem to lose air. Looking for a more permanent fix.

Yeah that could work. Would a 1" spacer really raise it 1"? The spring might compress, wouldn't it? Maybe 2" would work better. Cheap enough to experiment with. Thanks pacecarta.

1" is 1" , the spring is already compressed and the weight on it is unchanged so 1" will get you 1" . want more get a thicker spacer

I've used airbags before. Always seem to lose air. Looking for a more permanent fix.
That's strange as I've had to bags 2 bags in my car and no leakage . Like stated before it does help with more then just clearance it will also help with hard launches

Stock replacement Moog's made my son's car look like a dead body was in the trunk when carrying passengers. Installed Moog CC627's and now it is too high for his tastes.... Measured 28" from ground to fender lip. Might be what you're looking for if you have a lot of weight in the trunk. Moog 5413's measured 27". Both are stiffer than stock.

you say 28" with a cc627 but there are many variables like tire height /tire pressure /weight to expect similar results
what i can guarantee him is if he is going to be happy with 1" more than he has now that a 1" spacer will put him there
if he needs more they sell them in 1/2 increments (1", 1.5, 2") to get him where he wants
another more permanent adjustable option that i use on my cars for the track is weld in adjustable spring perches from wolferaceraft that allow you to dial the spring height as you would with a coilover shock and run coilover springs that you can buy based on weight and at various heights . With fiberglass bumper + battery in trunk i run a 12"-150# spring with the adjuster set about 1/2 off the bottom to tuck a 28" tire into the fender (26.5 ride height ), if i want more height i can just spin them up

springadlg.jpg

Do coilovers and never look back. You will have the capability to adjust the height however you want and as many times as you want to get it to your liking. I run the QA1s with the 150 springs. Easy installation and rides like stock on the softer settings.

Rear sags a bit. Don't know if its from the subwoofers or worn springs. Do I need coil overs? Ride Tech looks a bit pricey. How about QA1 or Hotchkis? Would also like a smooth ride and simple installation. Not into autocrossing. Thanks.
Coilovers are the only way to go in my mind, You can set your ride height exactly where you want it, adjust it if weight is added to the car, adjust it for taller tires (slicks) without worrying about bags that change the rate of the springs and changes the ride quality. With coil overs no matter where the car is set it will always ride nice!

We will give you (Or any members here a 10% discount) on our RideTech coil overs which carry a Million mile warranty!

you say 28" with a cc627 but there are many variables like tire height /tire pressure /weight to expect similar results
what i can guarantee him is if he is going to be happy with 1" more than he has now that a 1" spacer will put him there
if he needs more they sell them in 1/2 increments (1", 1.5, 2") to get him where he wants
another more permanent adjustable option that i use on my cars for the track is weld in adjustable spring perches from wolferaceraft that allow you to dial the spring height as you would with a coilover shock and run coilover springs that you can buy based on weight and at various heights . With fiberglass bumper + battery in trunk i run a 12"-150# spring with the adjuster set about 1/2 off the bottom to tuck a 28" tire into the fender (26.5 ride height ), if i want more height i can just spin them up

springadlg.jpg
did you have to cut off the old perches off and weld these in?

i ran a sawzall over the flange and removed the the spring locating part that sticks up , welded the adjustr to what was left , they could even be used at the top but would raise the car a little more

Back