Original Oil filter's??

Here's another thread about batteries. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/show-car-restoration-body-repair/198509-original-battery.html

Check out the numbers on the battery in the pics.

eric------while they look close those are not original production line batteries-------they are original GM replacements like the last picture in my post with the tear out warranty section-------i will not argue that his new car didn't come with it in it but it would have been put in by the dealer perhaps the car sat on the lot too long and the battery needed to be replaced--------i have quite a collection of this kind of stuff from cars (gn and gnx's) that have less than 10 original miles and i know they are original and correct---------as for the grey vs white i think time has clouded some of their memories------it's not exactly a bright white and with a little dust it could be called grey--------i even have new in the crate complete long blocks that have never been in a car-------and one production line pull that is complete with tranny, wiring, hoses etc and ready to "drop" in a car--------this is my obsessive hobby and i am a detail kind of guy................RC

I guess its still a mystery?

PS-------incidently i have measured new, unused "factory breakin oil" in some of the engines that these filters cam from------anybody want to guess what the oil contained a lot of ???...................[/quote]

PS-------incidently i have measured new, unused "factory breakin oil" in some of the engines that these filters cam from------anybody want to guess what the oil contained a lot of ???...................
[/QUOTE]

let me guess METAL

PS-------incidently i have measured new, unused "factory breakin oil" in some of the engines that these filters cam from------anybody want to guess what the oil contained a lot of ???...................

ZDDP additive?:confused:

TTT +1 awaiting the answer:cool:

guys------here's pics of the standard and heavy duty batt------GNX's came standard with the heavy duty batt option--------standard battery was catalogue # 730 and heavy duty upgrade was catalogue # 601-------also pictured is a replacement battery-------production batteries had a seperate number tag from the "battery tag"------replacement batteries had a single large tag with the catalogue number as part of the large label..............its really hard to come by an actual production battery with the two seperate stickers--------and if you think thats hard try to fine one that still works!!!!!!!!............RC

If interested I'm parting with some spare repro decals for both style batteries: see http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...-both-standard-and-heavy-duty-gnx-tta.409928/

Well, I guess we can thank Jan Larsson for resurrecting this old posting? (I was wondering why this REALLY old thread reappeared in my "watched threads" list...)