Orlando kid with new T-Type and probelms

FirePWR

OK-Heres the scoop. I just bought an 86 T-Type for a good price with 76000 origional miles. Heres mod list:
Heads ported & polished, Garrett TE60 Turbo, Lunati cam, Red Armstrong fuel system, Auburn Gear posi unit, adjustable fuel regulator and waste gate. High volume oil pump. Cloyes double roller timing chain, ATR underdrive pulley. Champion racing heads did the port & polish, stainless steel valves. 1.75 intake and 1.50 exhaust valves. orange stripe converter and a Trans-Go shift kit.
Engine was rebuilt and bored 30 over with about 2000-3000 miles on it. Trans is original with a 2800 stall and trans cooler.

Problems: The exaust was a "racing" exaust, meaning 2 cherry bomb mufflers from autozone bolted together. They rusted off the downpipe today so I just took them off completely. Running open right now. Mystery chip, about 18 lbs of boost with tc lockup somewhere around 4500 rpms (has it wired to the brake light). At idel it is running low, good lump to it, but almost seems like its too low. Never heard a lunati cam before so ?. Getting a little white smoke from this open exaust after driving it and then putting it in park and letting it idle. Not sure if it is goin on when I am driving, but it is now. Also has the oil/choke light flashing a little bit at low rpms, low speed. From idle, when barely depressing the gas, it sounds like it is about to die, stumbling pretty hard, but letting go it is fine and pushing further it is fine. I mean it is only when i just barely press on the gas, when the throttle first begins to open. Also, there is a very loud electrical whine coming from the area right around the throttle body somewhere (not alternator or power streering pump). Very loud, and gets slightly softer when I am gassing on it until it gets up to building boost or 0 boost and then it seems to go away until I let off. Scanmaster is on order and tune is coming up as soon as I can throw some kind of exaust on it and snag Cal or KDK (I am in Orlando/Cocoa Beach area). I really need a little help here. Thanks alot guys. New to the game, but loving it.
-Preston Raulerson

white smoke, that might be a sign of a tranny leak or an oil leak, when it hits that hot downpipe it will burn off. do you have oil in the car? how about oil gauge? if so what kinda pressure are you running? try that stuff first....

you might want to post this in the tech area, this will give you a better chance at getting your car right...

if it smokes at idle after idleing for awhile thats probably a sign of premature turbo failure,ie bad bushingsor turbo seals,my car was doing the same thing I took my turbo out it was shot ,put a new turbo on presto, smoke was gone!Where are you at ? I'm in Orlando too,I could take a look at it and try to give some advice,where did you buy the car from? Alan

Hello Alan. I took it over to KDK on Tuesday....got bad news today. Bent pushrod on number one and it looks like it has been done before because the pushrod is numbered completely differently than the rest. You can see my new post in General Tech "First car....first fraud." Thanks for your help though. -Preston