Our Big brother C6 ZO6

3 new Z-06's...So far at the track..(Englishtown)...not one has trapped over 116...

What year new??... after all I've read and seen on TV about these suckers, I find this hard to believe.

Marc87GN said:
You said NEW Zo6s. Now you are backing up. I could care less what you whitnessed. I have seen ****ty drivers in everything. I would expect a 90-110K car to run fast consistently with a freakin 5 speed automatic. My wife could have made 10 second pass with my Turbo 99 GT auto on slicks. You are not the only person that has been to the track and whitnessed ZO6s make passes. :rolleyes: I'm a Mercedes Benz ELITE graduate and was a tech for a few years so I have probably forgotten more about MB cars than most people will ever know.

I guess this was Mario Andretti & John Force.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-Corvette-Timeslip-6750.html
http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-Corvette-Timeslip-6504.html

Put up the video to go with that timeslip....NO PICTURES OR VID?Until then...your FOS!!Now I remember why I really dont come to these boards anymore.You think I have to come on here and BS about something I saw at the track...Real sad!

As far as the car.... http://rapidshare.de/files/7597623/12sec_06-Z06.wmv.html

just hit free...then dload the vid...
wish I could be there to see your face after your stupid cocky know it all attitude you displayed on here!!Guess your just not as smart as you think you are!!

I work in NY...You want me to come pick that junker up...Or do you want to deliver it??Being that you were betting your car on your stupid ASSumption...Being an MB ELITE Tech...Im sure you can get another one soon.

Now make all the excuses you want....But in the end......That car ran 116!

turbot2496 said:
What year new??... after all I've read and seen on TV about these suckers, I find this hard to believe.

New....Brand new...Trailered in,Yellow 2006 Z-06

If anyone here thinks that every new z-06 is going to be ripping off mid 11 sec passes at 125mph...They are sadly mistaken... :rolleyes:

Not saying that the car isnt capable of it...Like I stated originally...Some people just have comprehension trouble...Just saying that not all drivers will be up to the task.

19TTA89 said:
New....Brand new...Trailered in,Yellow 2006 Z-06

If anyone here thinks that every new z-06 is going to be ripping off mid 11 sec passes at 125mph...They are sadly mistaken... :rolleyes:

Not saying that the car isnt capable of it...Like I stated originally...Some people just have comprehension trouble...Just saying that not all drivers will be up to the task.

That has to be the worse driver I have seen in a long time. Spinning the tires for a few gears surely leaves very little room for any tiype of ET or Trap. You did prove me wrong though, that is still ONe Zo6 and not 3. It looked like 3 passes from the same car so we are both wrong. The problem is, I can find more videos of them running 125 mph traps than you can 116 mph, but anyone person can make any car look terrible it appears. :rolleyes:

The first time you spin off the line and run 11s, I'm sure it would be stupid if someone said that your car runs 11s. I'm sure you would use a drug tested on person because it worked one time. The point is, you found an extremely terrible driver that is probably far from representing the norm. I showed a video of one trapping 125 mph.

Marc87GN said:
That has to be the worse driver I have seen in a long time. Spinning the tires for a few gears surely leaves very little room for any tiype of ET or Trap. You did prove me wrong though, that is still ONe Zo6 and not 3. It looked like 3 passes from the same car so we are both wrong. The problem is, I can find more videos of them running 125 mph traps than you can 116 mph, but anyone person can make any car look terrible it appears. :rolleyes:

Not trying to make the car look terrible...In my opinion..It does a good enough job of that all by itself...(As far as looks go...Just my opinion!And I really like the look of the c5 Z-06!)Just stating that I happen to see a 06 z-06 At the track...It only trapped 116....And It didnt spin the tires barely at all on the 12.9x run...I was standing right there.I didnt have the camera with me for the other cars...It was the week before.

How about we just leave it at what I was trying to say from the beginning...Not all drivers are created Equally!

19TTA89 said:
Not trying to make the car look terrible...In my opinion..It does a good enough job of that all by itself...(As far as looks go...Just my opinion!And I really like the look of the c5 Z-06!)Just stating that I happen to see a 06 z-06 At the track...It only trapped 116....And It didnt spin the tires barely at all on the 12.9x run...I was standing right there.I didnt have the camera with me for the other cars...It was the week before.

How about we just leave it at what I was trying to say from the beginning...Not all drivers are created Equally![/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I'm sure we both have better things to do than argue about a car neither one of us owns. If we meet at Etown, the first round of drinks is on me.

[/[/B]QUOTE]

Fair enough. I'm sure we both have better things to do than argue about a car neither one of us owns. If we meet at Etown, the first round of drinks is on me.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me!! ;)

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
someone please put the video on putfile.com i cant get the video to download.
BW

For some reason I couldnt upload it to putfile...It was timing out,And its really not a big file.I will see If I can upload it to putfile.

19TTA89 said:
For some reason I couldnt upload it to putfile...It was timing out,And its really not a big file.I will see If I can upload it to putfile.

Oh well...something must be up with putfile today...still cant upload anything to it...Just times out... :confused:

send me the video if you can, maybe i can upload it.

I lined up to a 06 Z06 with a 30 day tag yesterday on the highway, old man wouldnt give me the time of day so i GOOOOsed it next to him and caught his attention.
He was ready to woop my daily driver, we went from one highway to the next and i got a god damn minivan in between us, :mad: all i could hear was exhaust and mph going to about 100, i was stuck at 50 because of the soccer mom :mad:

Finally caught up to him due to traffic, we had a good stretch to go but he declined.....Guess he didnt want any of my stock brick :confused:

It started to rain so i made the next exit and turned around.

wanner@kc.rr.com

BW

I never did understand WHY GM wants everyone to bow down to the Corvette, nothing allowed to be faster or better. Yet, Chevy was too complacent with it. I remember an old Car & Driver issue in 1977 where they tested the top ends of a handful of cars for 1978. No Turbo Careras (cost limits) allowed. They also skipped even inviting Buick's first Turbo Regal. The Covette 350cid 4 speed BARELY beat out the 400cid, automatic power Trans Am!

They also tried stopping distances. The best brakes? Not Corvette, not Porsche 924, yet both brag about 4 wheel disc brakes. The best was Saab!

Then, when the Dodge Viper showed up afew years later Corvette had to regroup.

Yep, Buick COULD have continued to sell TR/GN/GNXs for a couple of years longer. Pontiac had that Turbo TA. Buick could have had a 4.1L Turbo. But, GM politics won again.

I have driven the new Z06 and this car flat out hauls! It was not really made for drag racing, so I am sure that with some suspension mods and the right tires the car would have much better time slips. On a road course this car has no equal. This thing is light and balanced with tons of power to get out of trouble with. :biggrin: You can take this 427 to 60 in first gear! ;)

Historically the Vettes from the mid 70's to the mid 90's were more about flash and not performance. The main reason that the Corvette is the flagship car for GM is that you can't campaign a G Body at Le Mans, etc. This version of the C6 Corvette was designed by/for racing and made to fit the street as opposed to street to track.

At Nuremberg the Vette was the second fastest car there and just a few ticks off the $400,000.00 Carrera GT.

All I can say is that after driving the CL55 that I'm buying (from a friend that upgraded to a CL65) for the past month, it makes the Vette, E55, and most other cars seem cheap. I've never been one for lowered cars but this particular one looks beautiful lowered on 20s.