You can type here any text you want

oxygen sensor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tommyg

I need a new one. Joe Chung gave me a part #afs 22. My local ac/delco guy says that's not a current #. It's suppossed to be for a gnx. Any help? Please hurry!!!! :confused:

the gnx o2 sensor, from what i was told, is identical to all the other standard O2's, except its wire is purple instead of black. i have one on my gn now. my brother (whos a master mechanic) says theyre no different though. just go to autozone or some other place like that, and say your car and year, and theyll throw you a standard issue delco, and be done with it.

GNX o2 sensor is suppose to cycle readings faster.Scanmaster will tell ya if its true or not,other than that no difference.

????????

I ordered one from buick. Should be in today. $65 Did I get ripped off?

i work at a dealer and i believe 65 bucks is around list price. i wouldnt say ripped but you probably could have found someone to give you wholesale price. could be worse...the newer stuff i work on daily cost 2-4X that price and lord help them if they need more than one!!! im gonna try a denso sensor from autozone this time around.

Rockauto.com has them for 35 bux...I ordered a couple from them not too long ago...GM Part # is 25162753 and AFS-22 for the "GNX" sensor

Hi,
I have been through this stuff again and again. I personally don't think there is a great difference between o2 sensors. The GNX sensor probably doesn't respond much faster than any other. If you want to find out, do it the hard way. I would advise tests involving ALL the outputs. Also, I think you are always going to have to deal with certain elements which you can't control.
I think the denso sensors are pretty good, try one of them, and use a graphing multimeter to see the results. Good luck!

i agree that there really isnt gonna be much difference between the delco 20 and 22 but since we had the 22 in stock last time i used it. im gonna try the denso cause its cheaper and i heard its just as good. actually i think thats who makes them for gm now cause it looks like the same style as the newer stuff i work on. i dont think i would attempt to use anything other than a delco or denso but thats just me.

Back