oxygen sensor

Tommyg

I need a new one. Joe Chung gave me a part #afs 22. My local ac/delco guy says that's not a current #. It's suppossed to be for a gnx. Any help? Please hurry!!!! :confused:

the gnx o2 sensor, from what i was told, is identical to all the other standard O2's, except its wire is purple instead of black. i have one on my gn now. my brother (whos a master mechanic) says theyre no different though. just go to autozone or some other place like that, and say your car and year, and theyll throw you a standard issue delco, and be done with it.

GNX o2 sensor is suppose to cycle readings faster.Scanmaster will tell ya if its true or not,other than that no difference.

????????

I ordered one from buick. Should be in today. $65 Did I get ripped off?

i work at a dealer and i believe 65 bucks is around list price. i wouldnt say ripped but you probably could have found someone to give you wholesale price. could be worse...the newer stuff i work on daily cost 2-4X that price and lord help them if they need more than one!!! im gonna try a denso sensor from autozone this time around.

Rockauto.com has them for 35 bux...I ordered a couple from them not too long ago...GM Part # is 25162753 and AFS-22 for the "GNX" sensor

Hi,
I have been through this stuff again and again. I personally don't think there is a great difference between o2 sensors. The GNX sensor probably doesn't respond much faster than any other. If you want to find out, do it the hard way. I would advise tests involving ALL the outputs. Also, I think you are always going to have to deal with certain elements which you can't control.
I think the denso sensors are pretty good, try one of them, and use a graphing multimeter to see the results. Good luck!

i agree that there really isnt gonna be much difference between the delco 20 and 22 but since we had the 22 in stock last time i used it. im gonna try the denso cause its cheaper and i heard its just as good. actually i think thats who makes them for gm now cause it looks like the same style as the newer stuff i work on. i dont think i would attempt to use anything other than a delco or denso but thats just me.