You can type here any text you want

Parting Out 4.1 w/ Wieand Intake & New Cam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mikejustowns

I started this build last fall but am currently going in a different direction with it. I am willing to sell the engine as a whole also. It has 128XXX miles on it before I parked the car. Here is the link for the cam I installed that has 0 miles on it:

https://secure.pawengineparts.com/shoppingcart/ShowItem.cfm?itemid=70512&catid=1435

I will let the intake go for 130 shipped with the Carb adapter. Message me for any other info. I would much rather sell as a whole. Thanks, Mike

Attachments

• 101_0250.jpg
    101_0250.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 181
I'd like to get the intake Mike, but you're gonna have to wait a couple of weeks for the cash, if that's OK. What are you going to do to it now?

Hey Charlie. I am working to get my hands on a Caddy 500 Big Block or a 454. Deoends on what I can squeeze under the hood.

You're just bitting your nails until you get another 4.1. Aren't you Aj. LOL

A 500 Caddy would torque you like mad Mike. We had one of the rare 500 fuelies down here in a junk yard and it's gone now, unfortunatly. Just imagine hooking a FAST to that little critter.

A 500 Caddy would torque you like mad Mike. We had one of the rare 500 fuelies down here in a junk yard and it's gone now, unfortunatly. Just imagine hooking a FAST to that little critter.

yea im dying for another 4.1 block.... one that i can sacrifise to the gods of speed and not leave myself empty handed.... just need one more...

what about one of those 32V northstar caddie mills?

A.j.

what about one of those 32V northstar caddie mills?

A.j.

They have an inherent flaw in the design Aj. The head bolts like to loosen up and tear the threads out of the block. The kit to repair them is around $500, not including the labor, that is.

Haha yeah I am just trying to scrape up the cash to put a deposit on one. It should be a very unique project. =]

They have an inherent flaw in the design Aj. The head bolts like to loosen up and tear the threads out of the block. The kit to repair them is around $500, not including the labor, that is.

you should send me some info about that.... its something I need to look at.

A.j.

you should send me some info about that.... its something I need to look at.

A.j.

It's a combination of the cometic gaskets and the free standing cylinders. The cylinders move some under load and then blow the head gaskets. When you take the head bolts out to fix it then they will strip out when you go to torque them. That's why a rebuilt Northstar is so frigging expensive.

It's a combination of the cometic gaskets and the free standing cylinders. The cylinders move some under load and then blow the head gaskets. When you take the head bolts out to fix it then they will strip out when you go to torque them. That's why a rebuilt Northstar is so frigging expensive.

I will keep that in mind for mine.

a.j.

Do a search for time sert Aj. They make the best kit out there. Not cheap but it will hold up.

I can pay for the intake now Mike if you want to sell it alone. Send me a PM on info.

Back