Passing Visual Inspection

iwantatta

Is it possible to get my tta to pass the visual inspection in san diego with a chrome maf pipe? I had the open cone on the end and he mentioned it needed an eo number.

I'm wondering if i just put the stock box back on will it pass.

I may have problems trying to find the plastic tubing from the turbo inlet. I currently have the flex tubing. If anybody has the plastic tubing they want to sell, just send me an email.

The MAF pipe and K&N technically require an EO number. We have had some discussion with CARB regarding this issue. The case was made that since the MAF signals mixture based on volume of air (ingested through induction), then what difference would it make if the air cleaner element is changed from closed element to open element. The same argument would hold true for after the MAF (ie, the chrome MAF pipe). Since the system is sealed beyond the MAF, then how would mixture be affected. Probably the placement of the MAT is more of an issue to CARB than anything else (most smog shops would consider the the open element air cleaner and MAT placement a modification). I have not had issues with my system, but all my pipes are powder-coated black. Therefore, my system does not really stand out. Of course, if you switch back to a factory air box, you shouldn't have any issues. Unfortunately, too many grease monkey smog jockeys (notice I do not refer to them as technicians) think chrome equates to go fast modified parts.