PassSmogNow/Superfueladditives

GARY HARVEY

And I bet there are more than a few more.

Has anyone tried any of these products in an effort to hurdle emissions?

HC(PPM) 148/321 Failed @ 25mph HC(PPM) 152/274 Failed @ 15
NOx(PPM) 1047/1774 Failed @ 25mph NOx(PPM) 11462474 Failed @15
CO(%) .94/.63 Passed @25mph co(%) .86/.74 Passed @ 15mph

Houston area test facility

Last year I passed, this year they increased the limits. Wasn't too concerned since this machine hasn't failed an inspection in a looooong time.
Not much time to drive the 84' T lately; is it possible that old gas is causing the above situation? (it doesn't smell bad) and runs good enough to tic off my neighbor with his BB Nova that runs in the mid 12's. No Cat... any ideas?

Hey,
If you saw my post, I did not pass here either. You will need a cat to get the HC down. My HC at 25 was 152/157 failed with a cat.

Your NOX isn't as high as mine, but check to make sure your EGR valve and egr solenoid are working. Without the EGR working, I got 3000 on NOX.
What chip are you running? You might consider using the stock chip and fuel pressure.

Someone recommended "Fuelon" as an additive that helped them pass when it wouldn't on its own. I haven't found this additive locally yet. If you find it, let me know what store carried it.
Hope I helped.
James

where to find additives

Gutted the Cat years ago, headed over to A1 performance on Old Katy to get new one in the AM tomorrow.

Doesn't make sense to mix combustion gases in a fresh charge and it never will. If the epa would leave gas alone and stop with this O2 additive
in gas, we wouldn't have to worry about high NOx.

IF.. the powers that be are so concerned with air quality, WHY.. don't they give everyone a prepass for the toll roads? $$$ and get traffic moving instead of stacking at the $$$ booth.

Local O'Reillys has a product on the counter and the other mentioned was on the net.
pc

Hey,
Where is A1 on old Katy? Is it near Beltway 8?

I bought some stuff by CRP that is called Guaranteed to Pass. You have to run it in a full tank of gas. My inspection went out in Nov, so I guess I will have to drive it 170 miles around in my subdivision...lol

I ordered a Catco cat from Summit racing....About $110.
Let me know how you do and the results
James