You can type here any text you want

PCV and boost what to do....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ricky Trussell

I need some input on what type of breather and/or pcv valve system I need. I have converted to a turbo and don't have a clue what to do for a street car.

I have...... pcv to intake with a breather on the other valve cover.

A lot of the buick guys put an inline check valve above the stock pcv to keep it from blowing boost pressure back into the valley. But the stock GN PCV is supposed to close off under boost. You should be able to buy a GN pcv at a parts store or the buick dealership.

However having only one breather for your vent may not be enough.

You can try these first and if that doesn't work you can do what I have done.

I bought a moroso aluminum vacuum pump canister from jeg's and will run a -12 line from each valvecover to the canister. I just had to buy an extra aluminum -12 bung to have it welded to the canister. The thing I like about getting the breather off of the valvecover is the oil from the breather doesn't drip down onto the valvecover.

If you didn't want to add an additional bung to the canister you can also just T the -an lines together and then run them to the canister. I chose to run two seperate lines to make sure I vent enough pressure.

AHW Machine makes a nice separator out of billet aluminum for like 85.00. It goes inline with the PCV and any oil gets trapped inside the separator and not find its way into the motor.

Check valve and AC Delco PCV for a GN.. you'd be covered. The Separator would top it off.

HTH

This AHW machine do they have a website?

Back