You can type here any text you want

People with Moroso drag springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Otto J

I just installed a set of these, there are the heaviest BB springs they sell, MY car sits real low in the front now. Is this normal? It is sitting on the Rubber bumpers on the control arms,.They are installed correctly but the car sits real low.
Any suggestions?
They were part #47135 i believe
78-87 G-body bb chevy 1800#

Sounds like your car is full weight or close up front. The same thing happend to me many years ago when i still had AC and all steel hood and bumper. The car was super low with the same springs. I removed them and reinstalled years later with out all the AC stuff.. alum support FG bumper and hood. The car sits about normal to 1 in lower from stock height now...

YA currently no A/C, Glass hood, I cut hte bumper support off a a stock bumper..I am going to pull hte door supports out next, which should help the center weight.
i am looking for a set of the aluminum bumper brackets and radiator support, That should help alot
THanks for the reply Louie.

pos

I finally threw my Morrosso front drag springs away. Bought new --installed--sit on the ground. Same ones you have--heaviest ones for our cars. POS!!!! I hear those are not made in USA. Morosso pays about $12 each for them. You might try 3/4 spacer.

Re: pos

Originally posted by Lee Thompson
I finally threw my Morrosso front drag springs away. Bought new --installed--sit on the ground. Same ones you have--heaviest ones for our cars. POS!!!! I hear those are not made in USA. Morosso pays about $12 each for them. You might try 3/4 spacer.
Waht kinda of spacer? I d think if you could bet one that sitson top of the spring it would be good, I figure with the proper diet thell be fine:D

Re: pos

Originally posted by Lee Thompson

Many years ago, I put the "big block" set on my old 67 Pontiac; it looked like a low rider. It of course became even lower after they settled. Removed them, I believe it was Eaton that I called and purchased the tallest spring with the smallest coil diameter. It was a tight installation. They work well. I need to do it for my GN if there is a spring that will cross for it.

Moroso springs - never again for me. I will say for the strip they do seem to tranfer the weight.

Otto are the springs the reason you gained so much in the 60 ft time?

Changed the springs, Added a set of "No-Hop Bars" and a HR parts rear anti-roll bar, So i am not sure what each one did, But the HR bar kept the car from twisting,and the way the car drove after the no-hop bars , i give those the credit for the bite, And if you see the photo the car pushes the rear up away from the tires which is good for cars where the body would normally come down on the tires

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
Changed the springs, Added a set of "No-Hop Bars" and a HR parts rear anti-roll bar............................

I installed HR Super Sway bar Saturday to replace the piece of crap bar a local chassis shop installed a couple years ago. The car was twisting violently as Otto and others saw in LAs Vegas.

Had 1.42 60' times yesterday going straight and level. A few weeks ago I replaced the front springs with a set of 4 door, non-A/C Regal springs.

On a "good" track, like LV, would bet it could do a high 1.3 60'? Also had the car scaled yesterday, and with me and the alum motor it is 3484 lbs.

Holy crap NIck, In LV your car leaned to the left and then twisted silly to the right on the launch:D
My car left super straight with the bar installed and a peice of cake install and no welding required.
Hey i forgot my RMI25,
Ill have to have you send me some as i was running strait water to break it in and want to put some anitfreeze in ti getting a little rusty looking so i want to clean it first
Congrat on gettin the car striaght, its a bit easier on the take off now huh?

Hey Nick,
Tell us more about the 4 door, non-A/C Regal springs.
What made you choose them and ride height?
You and car are lighter than me by about 240lb. Most of which is on my front end compared to your car.
Something I am going to get into over the winter is a spring change.

Thanks,

Back