You can type here any text you want

Perfect Circle Piston Rings - Install order?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

Which rings goes into the top groove and the second groove. Using a set of Perfect Circle rings and just need to make sure I put them in the right groove.

One of the rings are Duct Material with Plasma-Moly facing the other Cast Iron wiht Chr facing.

Done a searhc but can't find anything.

The rings also have color coding where the opening is. On of the rings have pink on one side and nothing on the other and the other ring have red on one side and pink on the other .... would this indicate which goes in the top groove and the second groove?

Anyone able to help ... just so I can get the top and second ring in the right groove ....

Most ring sets have the info on the pkges they are in.
Furthermore, there is a top and bottom side to each ring. Maybe a little dimple on the side ??

Most ring sets have the info on the pkges they are in.
Furthermore, there is a top and bottom side to each ring. Maybe a little dimple on the side ??

Package been opened but yes there is a seperate compartmenet for the top and second rings, my mechnic gapped them for me so I just need to make sure they not been mixed up as the box been opened and the guy that did it is on vacation :-(

There's s dimple on the rings to show which way faces to the top of the piston so that is fine, just need to find out which ring goes in the top groove and which goves in the second groove

Back