performance upgrades for 98 gs supercharge

figga8n

hey just bought a 98 gs supercharged regal. anyone know what good bolt on parts for these ?????????:confused:

These are good guys to deal with

Pulley Boys, I did the swap on mine,

cold air intake, highflow exhuast, and the pulley wait till you here that supercharger whine, almost as good as the buick GN,

:biggrin:

Stock guage on the dash is junk, with the autometer gauge I was pulley around 7pds, and with the smaller it was around 13pds or so at wot, pretty big difference, its worth it

Stock guage on the dash is junk, with the autometer gauge I was pulley around 7pds, and with the smaller it was around 13pds or so at wot, pretty big difference, its worth it

ok thanks. what's the cost on the pulley?

\around 13pds or so at wot, pretty big difference, its worth it
do you scan at all??

its not as easy as just putting on a smaller pulley and go....you're going to get KR
these cars aren't intercooled and the blowers put off alot of heat, especially with smaller pulleys

cold air intake

These are good guys to deal with

Pulley Boys, I did the swap on mine,

cold air intake, highflow exhuast, and the pulley wait till you here that supercharger whine, almost as good as the buick GN,

:biggrin:

were did you find the cold air intake for the regal

It would be a custom cold air kit, you can find stuff for that motor at intenseracing.com, its for a series 2 supercharged 3.8, if you have a little mechanical skill you can make it happen

I have this setup on my ssei bonneville, at the beginning I was scanning and reading a bit of kr, but after putting in 160 degree drilled thermostat it almost all went away,

check out this website its another car forum, but everything on there is regarding the 3.8 motor, lots of good info check it out, Im a member there aswell,

Bonneville Club :: Index

enjoy

It would be a custom cold air kit, you can find stuff for that motor at intenseracing.com, its for a series 2 supercharged 3.8, if you have a little mechanical skill you can make it happen

I have this setup on my ssei bonneville, at the beginning I was scanning and reading a bit of kr, but after putting in 160 degree drilled thermostat it almost all went away,

check out this website its another car forum, but everything on there is regarding the 3.8 motor, lots of good info check it out, Im a member there aswell,

Bonneville Club :: Index

enjoy
ok thanks;)

don`t forget to remove the U-bend in the exhaust down-pipe right before the cat convertor. you`ll see it, it look like a mistake...LOL.

the DHP pcm do really good thinks for these cars.
happy modding.

don`t forget to remove the U-bend in the exhaust down-pipe right before the cat convertor. you`ll see it, it look like a mistake...LOL.

the DHP pcm do really good thinks for these cars.
happy modding.

do you know were I can get a 160 thermostat for the 98 gs? Checked it local kragen and napa no good.

anyone do a hot wire kit on these cars??
not really necessary unless you plan to do alot of work...

just like that $14+ shipping thermostat:eek:
goto a local parts store and get one

These cars are awesome. I say headers, intake, pulley and a good solid tune should be the way to start off. Could cost as little as 1k and be able to net you 13s. I had slp headers, 3.4 pulley, intake and dhp pcm and made a pb of 14.04@99.56 with a 2.07 60' in mid 60* weather and poor track prep. Good luck and also check out the link below for some info

Club Grand Prix! Your online Grand Prix & G8 resource