You can type here any text you want

performance uprade/which one

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mcponch

MENBER SINCE 2OOI
hello everyone. im sure this has been asked too many time before..........but? considering dfi-gen7/f.a.s.t. or? what is best for the turbo buicks, and why.such as/price/opptions/ease of understanding/ tunable ease?? thanks. marry x-mas/happy new year. mcponch.:D

Originally posted by mcponch
hello everyone. im sure this has been asked too many time before..........but? considering dfi-gen7/f.a.s.t. or? what is best for the turbo buicks, and why.such as/price/opptions/ease of understanding/ tunable ease?? thanks. marry x-mas/happy new year. mcponch.:D

I'd seriously suggest you find someone around you that's running both systems, and go thru the software with you. For that kind of money, you want to be an informed customer.

You might hunt around and see if you can find some demo software, and just reading thru the threads here of people having problems would be a good source.

There's also a guy on ebay that's been selling the ACCEL Gen VI tuning manual, that for $16 that is a good read.

i have been researching systems all week, its a tough call, i need a tuneable stock ecm with wideband, build me one bruce

Originally posted by norbs
i have been researching systems all week, its a tough call, i need a tuneable stock ecm with wideband, build me one bruce

The aftermarkets would be cheaper...... <G>
I'll tell ya thou, having spent some time with a WB on GN with an Extender Extreme for the street with 72s it was impressive. And Jackson's gone 9.5s with an ME. And both are easier for the new guy to handle, since they as a function of design limit the range of how far someone can goof-up.

The more I do, and see others do, I see it as more of a progression. IMO, if someone wants to go fast in a GN, they need to work thru the learning process. ie little mods progressing to the wilder things. ie, chips, a T+ or ME and then possibly an aftermarket. And by going in steps, they can call it quits at any time, and be happy. If they want to continue, then it's just a matter of selling off the old stuff and grabbing the next rung. Seems like most all the used stuff holds it's resale value rather well. That way they can build on what works. While the guys that have alot of tuning harp on how easy the aftermarkets are to tune, that's in large part because they understand the process. There's alot of meaning in the statement that a properly tuned stock ecm with outrun a poorly tuned aftermarket ecm.

I have used both systems. I prefer the GEN7 hands downs. Much more bang for the buck. Software works flawless and is much easier to tune. If you ever need tech help from this web sight the FAST has an advantage there. Lucky for me the GEN7 works so well i did not need the additional support that it seems the FAST users do. Either way you go they are both good systems.

I heard there is no way of getting the TCC lockup working properly on the gen 7, Is this true?

Originally posted by norbs
I heard there is no way of getting the TCC lockup working properly on the gen 7, Is this true?

Not true. You can get the TCC to work almost like stock with gen7.

Back