Picks From Bowling Green May 13, 2008

I went today Wednesday the 14th. Rained in the am and was overcast for the afternoon. This was my first time there and sadly I wasn't terribly impressed. There were maybe 30 TR's and a handfull of GS cars. The vendors were virtually non-existent- maybe 10 in all. :(

I saw some of the drag races which were awesome! But I don't know if the $20 per person price of admission was worth it for the minimal turn-out. I had mainly wanted to check out the vendors. I had been hoping that it would be like the Pomona,CA swap meet but it was more like a tiny yard sale. Granted it was crappy weather but once it cleared there wasn't much change.

I hope that maybe next year will be better.

I'll see if I can post a few pics in a while

I have gone in 2005 and last year. From what I remember beginning Thursday and Friday alot more of the race cars start to show up for the TSM, TSO etc...for TNT and qualifying.
I know some guys from the Dayton and Cincinnati area will be there tomorrow.
Hope the weather holds up for you guys that did make it down.

I will be coming down Friday and Saturday in hopes of finding and purchasing a car. Sounds like that may not be the case with low attendance. Will this trip be worth my time and money to find a gn? What do you guys think, really dont want to make the trip if there are not many cars 4 sale.

Look for a gentleman by the name Lee Thompson, he has a nice 87 that he took down thats for sale. He posted it in the cars for sale section also.;), to give you an idea of what it looks like .
There is usually a good showing of cars for sale, GN's and GS's and others.

Is that a new intake manifold? Just don't remember that huge plenum but it's been a couple of years since I've seen the car in person.

That's the same intake that has been on the engine since it was built in
1996. According to my records .

I know that Brian (quick6'nKC) has his very nice white limited for sale. It's quick too!

Here's a few pics that I took of various stuff. Not great, just some pics...

DSCN1421.jpg

DSCN1422.jpg

DSCN1434.jpg

DSCN1435.jpg

DSCN1436.jpg

DSCN1438.jpg

DSCN1439.jpg

great pics keep them coming!

I'll try to post some more Saturday night. I saw some GN's on trailers that looked like they were for sale. Not too many vendors on Tuesday, didn't go out there today.

Is anybody going to post some u tube videos of this event? I wanna see the action!!!!

That's the same intake that has been on the engine since it was built in
1996. According to my records .

Thanks, Dan.

And thanks for the great pictures, guys. As for vendors and turnout, I think that the weekend is the best. Weather.com says partly cloudy today, mostly sunny Saturday, 20% chance of rain both days. Hope it stays clear for y'all.

It's a little cloudy right now, but should be cool and partly cloudy rest of the day. Track should be good.