You can type here any text you want

pics, 6.5 in door- no build out

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Looks good! You won't have the problems of trying to get out of your car in a parking lot...its a pain with mine. lol

One thing, did you deaden the crap out of every panel inside the door? If so then that should sound very nice, if not your going to have a hole around 150Hz, I know, mine does. :(

No deadening yet MCSS, I'm still in the "will it fit" stage.
I've got the 6 1/2s in and am satisfied with the fit, just have to figure out the grill. Also got the A700s in...

After I'm satisfied with how solid everything is, I'll pull it all apart and solidify/detail the install.

Luckily winters coming up so I'm in no hurry.

While I'm on it, where's a good place to get sound deadening now? Since I got out of the Biz, I now pay retail prices (sucks!)

help a brotha out....

ZAM70 - sorry for the off topic post - but I just had to say it... NICE PAINT! :D

I KNOW ITS OFF THE TOPIC.....ZAM!!!! your car is frickin sweet! I know the front seats are 4th gen F-body...but what are the rear seats from? I'd like to do about that same seating config. with my car! PS: awesome job on Sams car too!

Here's the scoop on the interior.

Seats came out of a 2000 Firehawk (any GM buckets would work
though)
I recovered or painted the rest of the interior to match the "new"seat color. Even the air bolster and stuff works. Incredible improvement over our stockers.
Then sent my rear seat to Jax seat covers...he simply adapted the pattern off of a Turbo TA for the rear. Paul is awesome...
Carpet is an ACC kit I bought from Paul as well
Center console came out of a Monte SS (why didn't Buick give us an arm rest?!?!)

Let me know if you need any help...I do alot of street rod interiors...You should have seen the interior on my 70 TA...I really liked that one...If I can find some pics...I'll post them up

Excellent job Zam! I am one of those that appreciate good work especially the "surgury" that is involved in making larger driver work in a smaller space. I know that I have had my share of installing larger drivers in doors! :eek:

Back