You can type here any text you want

Pics of my GN with new 19" wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PsYcHo GN

Member Extraordinaire
Here are a couple of pictures of the GN I purchase a few weeks ago. I've installed Intrax lowered springs (1.5" front, 1.2" rear) with bilstein shocks all the way around. The wheels are Axis Penta 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 staggered fit with Hankook Ventus K104 tires (245/35/19 front and 275/30/19 rear). The centers are hyper black with a machined lip. It's almost like an anodized black, but when the sunlight hits them directly, they almost look chrome. In the evening/night, they look like a dark gunmetal color.
These wheels aren't made for domestic cars, so I worked with James and Darren from Axis Wheels to custom fit these wheels on my car. Junior from Motorsport Technology custom built some hub centric wheel adapters made from 100% billet 6061T6 aluminum, so they are completely safe. Therefore, the offset is on the money and this will be the only GN or domestic vehicle for that matter with these wheels... for now.

Comments???

psychoGN.jpg

psychoGN2.jpg

These were just some quick pictures. I'll post some more pictures of the car in a couple of weeks after I'm completely done doing what needs to be done and tuned.

nice :D , are those the wheels with the bmw pattern and did you need adapters?

nice :D , are those the wheels with the bmw pattern and did you need adapters?

Yes, the BMW bolt pattern is the same as our 5x4.75 bolt pattern. Custom adapters were made to get the offset exactly where it had to be.

They're pretty nice wheels on their own but I can't appreciate them on a GN. Offset is too positive, wheels have no lip, they were made for Euro/FWD cars for a reason. The center face just looks too far out from the car for my taste.

Axis makes wheels with huge lips for RWD applications so I would have thought they'd come up with something better for your car.

Don't take it the wrong way I'm just giving my honest feedback. It's all subjective, my opinion doesn't matter if you're happy.

My 18s used spacers and everything to and I never had any problems.

Offset is too positive, wheels have no lip, they were made for Euro/FWD cars for a reason. The center face just looks too far out from the car for my taste.

Axis makes wheels with huge lips for RWD applications so I would have thought they'd come up with something better for your car.

Don't take it the wrong way I'm just giving my honest feedback. It's all subjective, my opinion doesn't matter if you're happy.

My 18s used spacers and everything to and I never had any problems.

I didn't know BMWs were FWD cars. :confused:

I think these wheels have just as much lip or even more lip than the wheels that are on your GN. :confused:

Comparison:
Mine:
psychoGN3.jpg

Yours:
2396361_13_full.gif

You're right about Axis making huge lips for RWD cars. Here is a picture of my old S500. Yes, it's a Euro and it is RWD just like BMWs.

S5.jpg

Nice! Dare to be different! At least they are not Welds like everyother TB, like mine!:p By the way, THAT IS ONE CLEAN SOB!!!

Very Niiiiiiiice!!!!

love the wheels [and i'm picky as hell]:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Just a little too tall for my personal taste, but I think that they look very nice and I think that the lip depth is fine. coloring looks great, too. Drop down to the regional Southwestern Section sometime and say hello.
-----------------------------
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/south-western-area/
-----------------------------
We have a few cars in the area. I am just outside of Long Beach. We hook up early Sat mornings sometimes at Donut Derelict's in Huntington Beach. Generally every couple of weeks or so. Nice looking GN, BTW.
Did you find that local?

Did you find that local?

I found it out of San Diego. I'm the fourth owner. The previous owners already had almost everything done to it. Majority of the work was performed at Lou's Auto. Now I'm just modifing things here and there to make it more personalized to my style.

Nice Wheels

SWEEEEET Ride, the 19" Dubs look great!;)The Stance is nice been thinking of getting Intrax springs and lowering the ride heighth as well.

First TR I've seen with 19's that pulls it off great, no offense to the other 19" wheel owners. :cool:

Car has a very nice stance! Wheels are a little big for me, but the style, color and lippage looks great. Huge lips are for BMW's and Angelina Jolie :D

VERY hot! The BMW wheels typically are not as lipped as a niormal RWD wheel, they are closer to a fwd offset, However I think that looks great. Axis is quality stuff, and James is the man to know there. The suspension height makes the wheels look even better. I give that two thumbs way up!

damn that looks really good man. Im loving it. The depth is fine and the color looks good.

How much backspacing did the wheels have? And could you snap a picture of the adapters on the hub without the wheel? Or explain what you did with the factory studs and adapter? Also the thickness of the spacer would be great as well. I'm almost trying to do the same thing, I made a thread about it, not seeing this one. Thanks
Chris

Back