You can type here any text you want

pics of my stageII hybrid project

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tnttimber

Twin turbo, high compresion, alcohol burning, stage II. Shooting for a running weight of 2000 pounds. Im not a very good fabricator but Im having fun, doing it all myself out of my home garage.

Attachments

• rx7 001.jpg
    rx7 001.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 462
  • rx7 002.jpg
    rx7 002.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 457
  • rx7 003.jpg
    rx7 003.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 455
  • rx7 007.jpg
    rx7 007.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 457
  • rx7 008.jpg
    rx7 008.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 450
That Thing Will Float.....! Thing Cant Weight More Then 2200 Lbs. Keep Us Updated On The Project.

That looks like it's going to be a wild ride. Keep us updated. Do you have the motor yet?

Jason

looks fun....

Is that rear spoiler off of an Eagle Talon? That is going to be one crazy ride!

I suspect you plan to go real fast with this. While you still have the car torn apart, put a diagonal bar in the roof and build a funny car bar for the driver. Get the S.F.I. drawings. You should be able to get the thing certified for 7.50 if the chassis is round tube CM. Remember, it is your butt flying down the track at 150+. Build it so you can walk away if it ends up on its roof. Good luck.

P.S. If you put in the alcohol motor with 1,200+ HP, the car should run in the low 7's. You shouldn't need a large intercooler with alcohol and you can eliminate the H20 and radiator (similar to what Jim Rock did). You will be #500-600 lighter than the Opel. Hang on !!!

How much tire is on the car?

John,
The car has 28x11.50 MT slicks but I built the frame with clearance for up to about 14 wide if I need it. Any idea where I can get the S.F.I. drawings for the cage? Its only a 95 inch wheelbase so chances of ending up on the lid are good!
Car is going together with a blow through alcohol carb and no intercooler, I like to keep things simple. Figuring on about 1200 hp.

You can get them through SFI on the internet. Get the most current drawings. They will charge you.
SFI Web Site

Put as much tire on the car as you can. I wish I had 15-16" tires on mine. Never enough traction.

Ah....the Riv. It is now in my garage being finished. Lots of plumbing to do. Currently working on fuel system. Take one step forward and two back. Hope to start car in two weeks. Shakedown in Feb. 07. Guaranteed for BPG Buick Horsepower Nationals 07.

John,
What was the weight and wheelbase of the Opel? What percentage of weight, front to rear? Any advice you can ofer on how to keep this 1200 horse roller skate going strait would be apreciated.

John,
What was the weight and wheelbase of the Opel? What percentage of weight, front to rear? Any advice you can ofer on how to keep this 1200 horse roller skate going strait would be apreciated.

I haven't scaled it front to rear lately. It weighed 2685# after a pass at Reynold in November. Wheelbase is 100.5". Stock wheelbase for an Opel GT is 94". Guys at ATCO said it was carrying the front wheels past the 330. To keep it straight install a track locator. Run as big a back tire as possible. First and foremost, don't try to salvage any run if it starts going squirrelly. Wait for the next pass. You should probably use a boost controller to bring on the boost in stages. Also, FAST, FXI, or BIG STUFF will control the HP. A good tuner is invaluable. Cal Hartline worked magic for the Opel.

P.S. Don't let OTTO touch it. :biggrin:

Here are some pictures of the pump I hope they come through OK.

Attachments

• DSCN2038.jpg
    DSCN2038.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCN2039.jpg
    DSCN2039.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCN2041.jpg
    DSCN2041.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 213
Back