You can type here any text you want

Pics of Restoration 87 Turbo T

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
wow !!! I am to lazy to do something like that now ... one thing I would do ... take out the 1/4 glass ..

Brings Back So Many Memorys I Had My Blue T Done In May I Dident Take The Fenders Off But Did Take The Doors Off. Are You Doin All The Jams And The Hidden Parts?

Yeah, I'm gonna have the jambs done because the original paint is Laquer and their doing it in Enamel so it would be a miss match. I Might as well do it right or not do it at all i figure.

darkred87T said:
Yeah, I'm gonna have the jambs done because the original paint is Laquer and their doing it in Enamel so it would be a miss match. I Might as well do it right or not do it at all i figure.

;) heck yeah, thats what my car is gonna look like when it finally goes to paint.

What's amazing is that when those pics were taken the car had been in the shop about 1.5 days. We caught them during a slow period so they have anywhere from 2-4 guys on it at any given time. If we weren't waiting on doors and a decklid they'd be spraying it.

I'm insanely jealous - that's the way my GN should've gotten painted when it was rebuilt. I got a quick-n-dirty paint job with minimal repair.

Jim

darkred87T said:
Do you mean the windows? I did.

I looked at the photo's are they are taped up !!! my bad .. I looked again an see you did take them out :cool:

i hope he took them out they are simple to remove 5 bolts and push. one thing i noticed when they painted my car it had orginal paint and went to the modern clear is no one has ever seen a T this color and its the orginal 31u color :eek: thats how muuch more vibrant and deep the colors are now. your dark red is goin to look sweet after they 0 the paint out. keep the pics coming.

turbotoy

I am also looking forward to the day mine goes to the body shop for the same thing. Hopefully this spring. Interior, glass and all will come out just the same as yours. Do it right the first time and you will not be sorry. Good luck to you I hope it turns out superb.
George

I just buy cars that don't need that kind of work :p I did a lot of "restorations" years ago .. Don't miss that stuff at all :biggrin:

Grumpy said:
I just buy cars that don't need that kind of work :p I did a lot of "restorations" years ago .. Don't miss that stuff at all :biggrin:

What you don't like breathing in all that dust :p

My brother should be posting some "before pics" that I sent him. He's been real supportive of the whole Buick project so far.

darkred87T said:
My brother should be posting some "before pics" that I sent him. He's been real supportive of the whole Buick project so far.

The real before pics are here:
http://www.turbojimmy.com/87t.html

They're of when the car was first dropped off. For those that don't know, the car was technically 'abandoned' and purchased by my uncle who is in the salvage biz. He wasn't sure what it was, but he knew how much I liked my GN (which I also bought from him). I didn't have room for another car so I twisted Mike's arm. He bought it and the rest is history.

EDIT: Bweavy - you can see the rotting decklid in those pics.

Jim

I got most of the interior in yesterday. I still have a few pieces of trim to go, I'm just waiting on some clips:

Attachments

• 000_0001 (Small).jpg
    000_0001 (Small).jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 202
  • 000_0002 (Small).jpg
    000_0002 (Small).jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 000_0007 (Small).jpg
    000_0007 (Small).jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 161
As much as I like the buckets in my T....I would love to have a column shifted car because I love those interiors.. ;)

I am almost tired of seeing these cars apart. I have my 85 off the frame, and totally stripped, my brothers 79 Cutlass is getting a totally rebuilt GN frame and drivetrain (along with a new hood with a GN turbo bulge I just finished today :p ), I have bought and parted out 2 junk 87 GN's in the past few months, and I just redid a GNX at work.
Very nice car. I love the maroon interior. The bench is sleeper to the max.

Back