PICs Removable dash tight fit, IN Progress

Question:

What do you have to do to lower the seats about 1 - 2".

I was fortunate enough to have wookies's in my bloodline and being 6'4 in these cars is no fun...

Thanks,
Gabe

IMG_0004-6.jpg

IMG_0006-6.jpg

IMG_0009-6.jpg

IMG_0010-6.jpg

IMG_0011-3.jpg

IMG_0012-3.jpg

IMG_0014-1.jpg

Here are some of the updates I have done to the roll cage.
I had to add a base to weld the front rollcage tube to.

Cage looks great, nice tight fit.
I use this program to figure out all my tube bends, its a free download from JD Squared.

Jeff
untitled.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

Pardon my ignorance...but why a REMOVEABLE dash??:confused: I can understand the purpose of a roll bar (I have one in my car), but why does the dash need to be removeable?

Claude. :confused:

I cut the U-channel and welded new plates to lower the seat.
I made the dash removeable because alot of electronics will be stuffed behind the dash. I don't like crawling up under the dash trying to run wires and mount devices. I would rather do that with the dash off. Any changes and I'll just pull the dash.
Xfi box, XIM box, digital dash wiring. on board computer and touch screen, ect...

The cage is finished other than final top coat paint, and welding the floor sections back in, then its on to dropping one of the motors in for fabrication, and then wiring.
I'll post pics laster tonight.

Terry,

Looks great!!

I did the exact same thing... I personally think it looks a lot cleaner with the bars going into the dash rather than infront. To each their own :)

Plus I also installed all the electronics behind the dash, so it is nice if I have to, to be able to remove it and fix/change something.

I am just finishing the wiring right now.

Looks great!! Thx for sharing!

Very impressed!

I busted my azz to finish my 6 point, I can only imagine the amount of work you must have in that cage. Nice job!!

Terry, do you have any pics from the side of the car with the door closed and windows down? Im just curious how much of the cage is visual from the outside. Very nice work btw!