You can type here any text you want

Pictures of my new wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackMetal

Finally have my new wheels on the car. I've had the front wheels for a few weeks but the rear wheels were stuck on backorder.
Finally caught a long enough break from this crappy cold weather to put them on and take some pictures.

Yes, they're steel. No, I don't care. Before everyone tears into me, here's a Car Craft article detailing the limited benefits of lighter wheels.
Light vs Heavy Wheels
Lighter wheels, worth 0.1 second and 1mph. And I have no immediate plans to go to the track anyway.

Front
15x8
3.75" backspace
Stock GN Tire Size (215)

Rear
15x10
4" backspace
M/T 325/50/15​

The rear wheels stick out a bitttt far, they might look a bit goofy. But I think it would have been goofier to notch the frame on a street car just because I want huge tires.

Coolest part is that the stock center caps fit... :smile:

Front

frontwheel.jpg

Rear

backwheel.jpg

Car
Needs to be washed, and still need to tint the rear window...

side1.jpg

front1.jpg

back1.jpg

Looks like the car overdosed on bad attitude. I'm happy. :D

And yes, for those of you who have been contacting me about the 18" wheels that I'm getting rid of, they'll be ready soon. Have to clean them up, take pictures, figure out how the heck I'm going to ship them, etc. But they will be sold...I have no room to store them.

The new SEXY!! Very nice, man!!! I'm especially digging the fogged out rear lights... got to learn that trick!!!

My front lawn needs some rolling, if your interested

Looks really good!!;)

Yes, they're steel. No, I don't care. Before everyone tears into me, here's a Car Craft article detailing the limited benefits of lighter wheels.
Light vs Heavy Wheels
Lighter wheels, worth 0.1 second and 1mph. And I have no immediate plans to go to the track anyway.

Whoa, didn't know that!!! I'll be happy to pass this info on to a bunch local, of slow-car driving, know-it-alls that look for reasons to bash the 6!!

Looks good. That car should hook up real well with all that rubber on it & i can't see how those steel wheels can be a negative. I'm sure they can't weight any more than the stock steel GN wheels.

I'm sure they can't weight any more than the stock steel GN wheels.

Yeah that's one reason I didn't feel too guilty about it, they came with steel wheels from the factory anyway.

Just seems like these days people like to over-exaggerate the greatness of aluminum wheels. Sure less un-sprung weight is great but it's not going to shave entire seconds off your time.

Frankly my car isn't fast compared to other GNs, I had no problem hooking up with the 275s that were previously on the car, I'm just a sucker for huge rear wheels/tires. :D

I think they look GREAT! Nice drag look and stance. If anyone bashes them for being steel tell them to kiss your A$$ its "your" car and "you" like it.

How about a shot directly from the rear, since that's the view most people will see anyways!

Jim

The rear wheels could've used a little more backspace to suck them in a little so they don't stick out so far. The wheels themselves look good.

I recently purchased a GN with weld superlites and the stance it sat in was similar to your car. The car had race springs in the rear with air bags and 275/60/15 tires. In my opinion, the tires were too tall. I would've went with a 50 series. I didn't like the stance since I'm not into the Starsky and Hutch look. The car now has lowered springs with bilstein shocks all the way around. Just waiting to put on my 19" wheels to capture more of a pro-touring look rather than a race look.

Reading your comments before the pictures loaded (goofy?), I was surprised how Good they look!:cool: Just to show you how my mind works, my first thought was I wondered if you considered putting GNX flares just on the rear?:confused:

Awesome... alos love the tail lights.... I'm sure the local officers also "love" you too...

Back