Piedmont Dragway is open.

Hi Jim,

Did you go to Piedmont this past weekend? If so how was it?

I thought about it, but decided against it. Instead RC was kind enough to replace the pins and bushing on my drivers side door. He said they were in the absolute worst condition he'd ever seen on any Regal.

I couldn't go because I am having 'fatigue.' This is the twelve day this year and I am completely wiped out. That is also why I haven't been to Richard's.
Hopefully, I can go this weekend. I'll let you know.

Glad you got your door fixed.

Hi Jim,

Did you go to Piedmont this past weekend? If so how was it?

I thought about it, but decided against it.
Eric before you go to the track you sir need to quit playing around & put some traction tires on the back of that thing. :biggrin:

I went to Piedmont on Jan. 31. There were very few cars there for test and tune but there were a lot of cars there for a car show. They did not race. Some guys came up to me after I beat a Saleen Mustang real bad and thanked me because they had bet money on me. :) The car ran very consistent:

Boost= 26-28
Timing= 25/21
AFR= 10.6-10.8
KR= 0 in all runs

I plan on going again Next Sunday.

Jim, you gotta get that car off the line better. You should be high 1.5 short times, then most all runs would be high 6's

Jim, you gotta get that car off the line better. You should be high 1.5 short times, then most all runs would be high 6's
X2... very nice mph, as for the short time I would think it should be in the mid 1.5's with that et & mph.

Hi Steve, I’m bought some M/T drag radials this past September and have been using them at the track. Running them threw me into the 7’s in the eight mile. I’m now pretty consistently running 7.8’s with a best of 7.76

For the 2009 year I’m going to be working more on some of the other issues with my car than performance. I have some appearance and drivability things I want to work on. I’ll still take it to the track, but it’s going to be getting more out of my current combination than adding more go fast stuff (Yeah, famous last words).

Jim, you’ve gotta be frustrated running so close to consistent 6’s that you can just taste it. The only reason I didn’t go this weekend was because of the car show. I didn’t know that anyone could run, just thought it was the car show participants.

So what did the Saleen Mustang run? Was it a close race or did you walk him pretty bad?

The previous time to the track I was running high 1.5x 60' times. This time I was not. :mad: I am still pleased with how the car runs. I don't care if I run 6's anymore. I'm just glad that the motor and trans are staying together. :smile:

The Saleen sounded very good, had a large hood cowl, and was running slicks, but it was a slug.

Saleen

GN

Boy, with my regular street tires on my poor hotair I could have kept up with him in his kill mode.

Those mustangs sure can look and sound mean, I guess it's kind of hard to tell which ones are going to give you a run for your money.

Jim, You should be very pleased with how the car is running...

Eric, I'm getting ready to pull a hot-air drivetrain out of an '84, with a Stage-2 going in its place. You interested in the drivetrain? I believe the owners wanting to sell as a package.

Steve/Clint, Can I play? Nothing like some Monday internet fun to start the week off... :biggrin:

K.

Eric, I'm getting ready to pull a hot-air drivetrain out of an '84, with a Stage-2 going in its place. You interested in the drivetrain? I believe the owners wanting to sell as a package.

Thanks Keith, but there's quite a few places that I could lay my hands on a hotair long block if I need one.

Eric: have you done any more tweaking with your injector/alky/water combos?

Hi Kevin, the next time I go to the track I was going to work on the 3rd and 4th gear timing. Pat and I were also thinking that 50/50 water and alky isn't quite the right mix. Maybe more alky than water is needed.

So the answer right now is no, I haven't tune it anymore but I have plans in place for next time.

TurboIndian said:
...where was your?

Where was your what?... :biggrin:

TurboIndian said:
hey at least I had a car there...

Ohhh, you opened yourself up for this one... The car I had there made 505HP/578TQ, how about yours?... :biggrin: And I turned left... :tongue:

K.