pig rich under boost

FlyinGN

all show no go
this is prolly nothing but I wanted to get opinions..
I had the Gn out yesterday running it in 95 degree temps in stop and go traffic with the ac on. The temp got up to about 200 at some points. The car ran flawless all day except when I got on it a lil and the car nosed over and went PIG rich.. black smoke and blubbing.. I let off instantly and parked it.. could this be a heat problem?? the car ran PERFECT under normal driveng and all scanmaster reading were right on. This is a new GM maf... I tested it the other day when I first put it on and it ran fine wot.. could be adj. regulator be going bad? any ideas?

Hey Frank. The first thing that comes to mind is a bad mass air meter. Then ofcourse the other obvious items such as an O2 sensor, a cam sensor out of adjustment OR a clogged fuel return line. The last one will jack your fuel pressure up and leave it stuck wherever it is at. Mine was stuck at almost 50pis!
I chased that problem for months and yes, it made mine run pig rich.

hmm, this IS a new maf.. NOS GM one actually.. Wonder if it is bad?? I did try it in cooler weather a few days prior and it sems ok.. hmm

Hmm.........I guess its now time to check some other stuff. How is your fuel pressure? Is it still where you set it? How do the blm's look?

Try swapping out the computer if possible,with a friend to see if that is the problem.I had one go bad on me and it poured the fuel on with my 55's

Dave

fp seems ok. I did not check the blm' s as it was happening.. Im gonna try it again saturday..