You can type here any text you want

Pinion angle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

oldtimer

What's everyone running for their pinion angle on stage 2 powered GN's with stock "type suspension"... all poly bushings ... expected 60fts around 1.30's with a Ford 9"

George

oldtimer said:
What's everyone running for their pinion angle on stage 2 powered GN's with stock "type suspension"... all poly bushings ... expected 60fts around 1.30's with a Ford 9"

George

-2* is a good starting point.
Some go as much as -4*.

My experience

A few years back @ Bristol (production block)---anything over - 3 degrees, I got viberation @ the end when letting of gas. No where near the power level Stage guys are running.

I've got it set at -2 1/2 degrees now. I was wondering what you fellas have actually experienced VS all the theories that are out there. I know that each car is different and trial and error will have to be done, but I'm new to this much power and there is so much experience on this particular board, I thought I'd see what most of you are running.

George

oldtimer said:
I've got it set at -2 1/2 degrees now. I was wondering what you fellas have actually experienced VS all the theories that are out there. I know that each car is different and trial and error will have to be done, but I'm new to this much power and there is so much experience on this particular board, I thought I'd see what most of you are running.

George

George you should be fine.
Go out and let het rip!

The tranny and pinion shafts need to be completely parallel to avoid any power loss when under full steam. The only reason to go negative is when it compresses the bushings, they go to parallel. So you basically have to guess. Want to get it right the first time? Use aluminum bushings all the way around.

I got all my chassis parts from either Competition Engineering, Chassis Engineering or Chris Alston's Chassisworks. I'll bet Moroso has them also.

Give any of them a call and I'll bet they can point you in the right direction.

Roger

Back