You can type here any text you want

Please Help Almost Figured out

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6cious

Just started utting my car back together after 4 years due to multiple headgasket failures. well I'm happy o say that I think that I have finally found the problem. When I installed my fuel pump to the tank it bottoms out and pushes the tank at bottom I measured the tank thru opening from bottom to the lip and it measures 7 3/4" but the pump measures 8" from sealing lid to bottom ring. I either have the wrong sending unit or tank is distorted. Can someone please measure theirs if they just happen to have one laying around to help me confirm which is wrong.

My old stocker is 7 5/8" top to bottom. As suspected, your hanger is too long. However you could use a tubing bender and increase the bends on the return tube and shorten yours. Beats cutting it.

Thanks for that confirmation I'm starting to get excited that after finding this out. I've done several things t try and remedy this issue in the past with no luck.

Does anyone have the part# for the walbro sock? I also need to find out what this extra wire is for on the new fuel pump plug. fuel pump.JPG

Thanks for that confirmation I'm starting to get excited that after finding this out. I've done several things t try and remedy this issue in the past with no luck.

Does anyone have the part# for the walbro sock? I also need to find out what this extra wire is for on the new fuel pump plug.View attachment 172499

Fuel sock Autozone part # FS-111

The extra wire looks like the ground connection for a Racetronix f/p installation kit. They provide a hose clamp that has a tab and this clamp goes onto the return line tube. Provides another ground connection.

Back